Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

alastair wrote: »
    That's been the case for every previous administration too. Americans like gathering guns around them.

Indeed, gun manufacturers like manufacturing guns, and finding people to buy them. They also have this unfortunate habit of not spoiling as fast as mayonnaise. A gun made today can still be functional 100 years from now. There are very few factors that shrink the gun population.

Dr. Carson goes off on Joe Scarborough and his panelist, frustrated that he can't characterized the rape accusers as liars without calling them liars, trying to use the Trump camp talking points, etc.

He shouts to cut off a panelist's microphone, and tries to tell Joe to "work on his people" ie. the perceived bias of MSNBC staff.

The exchange is worth a watch. To point: Scarborough unabashedly proclaims he believe that no network is without bias; outlets are not run by robots, and an intelligent viewer is able to view from multiple sources and filter through it.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/can-you-turn-her-microphone-off-please-this-ben-carson-interview-goes-from-nuts-to-nuclear/

There's also a Starbucks slurp that is smug as hell and I loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Hillary, McCain & Bush are all war criminals who supported Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld's war. Okay so she says she would not vote for the Iraq war if given a second chance yet she follows in the same vain. She went after Gadhafi with equal relish and she does not even support the Palestinian cause or distancing herself from Saudi Arabia or Mexico both corrupt countries. How can Americans vote for someone who is Bush lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Has anyone here seen The View which is a US programme? It has to be one of the most biased programmes I have ever seen. They don't even try and hide the bias they have against Trump. I could not see such bias like that here in the UK or Ireland when an election campaign is ongoing.

Well to be fair didn't he insult one of the hosts pretty early on?
    And didn't Rosie O'Donnell work on that program?

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Hillary, McCain & Bush are all war criminals who supported Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld's war. Okay so she says she would not vote for the Iraq war if given a second chance yet she follows in the same vain. She went after Gadhafi with equal relish and she does not even support the Palestinian cause or distancing herself from Saudi Arabia or Mexico both corrupt countries. How can Americans vote for someone who is Bush lite.

If you throw the whole book at our politicians, there are a lot of war criminals. This isn't a secret, and the country does some disgraceful things overseas.

But if you think Trump would turn that around? He wouldn't become a war criminal himself? I've seen nothing that suggests that would in any way be the case.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    If you throw the whole book at our politicians, there are a lot of war criminals. This isn't a secret, and the country does some disgraceful things overseas.

But if you think Trump would turn that around? He wouldn't become a war criminal himself? I've seen nothing that suggests that would in any way be the case.

What about his policy to concentrate on America and American interest as opposed to fighting more wars. A president the country can get behind who is supportive of Americans and good relations with the Russians and other heads of states. Trump has a lot of popular support. All this media attention is not coming from nowhere. He is extremely charismatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

What about his policy to concentrate on America and American interest as opposed to fighting more wars.

Aside from 'bombing the **** out of them', 'taking their oil' and 'killing their families' you mean? Those wars abroad don't count in his policy?

A president the country can get behind who is supportive of Americans and good relations with the Russians and other heads of states.

I don't get this passion for appeasing the Russians .

Maybe if they give the crimea back to ukraine. And hold democratic elections. And stop trying to interfere with US elections. Then there may be room to talk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Donald Trump isnt a war criminal yet he is simply out of the question to you. Says an awful lot about you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Aside from 'bombing the **** out of them', 'taking their oil' and 'killing their families' you mean? Those wars abroad don't count in his policy?

Any links to Trump carrying out any of the above acts? I'm sure you are aware of your chosen candidate's past so make it good.

• Advertisement

Hillary knows she broke international law and according to Trump domestic law. We can get away from Hillary being an innocent bystander. What Trump is clearly talking about is the drone wars as it is being called. I'm against some of what he says but he is spot on in relation to the Jihadists that are a real danger. Hillary is okay being friends with the MB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Hillary is unlikely to suddenly change her political direction which for 12 years has been war, war, war. Libya and the North African mess with ISIS is very much on her watch. Hillary's hand is long since played, and she is a vote for war, weapons exports, nuclear arsenals increasing and uncontrolled migration and devastation with the regard to the Middle East and Europe.

Donald Trump may be the Biff Tannen of candidates, but he is on neutral ground with regard to being a war monger. There is no reason to believe he will be anything except more of what he is (just like Hillary): very capitalist.

So if you want lots of people dead, vote for Hillary. Would you like to see more dead Syrians and Libyans? Maybe more ISIS attacks in Europe? Well keep waving the Hillary flag then.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Any links to Trump carrying out any of the above acts? I'm sure you are aware of your chosen candidate's past so make it good.

It's his policy. He's stated as such. Caveat Emptor.

Hillary knows she broke international law and according to Trump domestic law. We can get away from Hillary being an innocent bystander. What Trump is clearly talking about is the drone wars as it is being called. I'm against some of what he says but he is spot on in relation to the Jihadists that are a real danger. Hillary is okay being friends with the MB.

You should get your demonising line sorted out. Hillary is friends with the Muslim Brotherhood or the Wahhabists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Donald Trump isnt a war criminal yet he is simply out of the question to you. Says an awful lot about you.

Eh, he's already said that he wants to violate various human rights etc... It's pretty clear that he would become a war criminal fairly lively. On top of that, he's completely morally corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod: Thread is about media bias. Keep on topic.

Numerous cards handed out for below standard posts so up the standard of posts.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Creepy but vs. insane warmonger?

dissed doc wrote: »

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-bomb-isis-2015-11

Come on now. I've challenged conservatives to defend this guy for a while, but if "she's a warmonger!" is the best argument, this election is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Has anyone here seen The View which is a US programme? It has to be one of the most biased programmes I have ever seen. They don't even try and hide the bias they have against Trump. I could not see such bias like that here in the UK or Ireland when an election campaign is ongoing.

At the risk of invoking Godwin, do you think Hitler should get an impartial interview on a Jewish daytime television show?

Why do you think a panel of empowered celebrity women would be partial in any way to Donald Trump?
    Its not because of that, it is because they are Hillarys gang.

• Advertisement

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Umm, it's a show moderated by women and a panel of women.

Why would you think they'd have issues with Trump?

And, here's a link showing another reason why Trump vs. Media hasn't worked. What's scary, is this town is mostly populated by retirees from NYC, a lot of them Jewish:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-media-swastika_us_5800bd03e4b0162c043b5488?section=&

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This is a good summary of why Trump appears to be getting short shrift from the media - because of his ineptitude in handling controversy.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/donald-trump-bill-clinton-media-coverage-214358

Summary: The media piles on to juicy stories. Nothing different here than in Ireland or the UK. Bill Clinton was a great example of this, but recovered. Trump's getting the coverage he's earning.

I think he automatically responds driven by a lizard brain that says any publicity is good publicity. Unfortunately, that might work on reality TV or selling steaks and ties, but not when you're running for President, the majority of Americans still care about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What's your opinion on Trump on Trump repeatedly calling for war, "bombing the sh*t" out of the Middle East, torturing innocents and stealing oil?

I'm not asking what your opinion of Clinton's foreign policy is (personally I'm not a fan of much of her track record there either). I am asking what your opinion on Trump calling for the above is.

Again, I am not asking for your opinion on Clinton's policy, I am asking for your opinion on Trumps proposals. What do you make of it?

Why is Clinton creepy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Why is Clinton creepy?

Because many of Trumps surporters don't understand lady bits they think it correct to grab them a few even think they bite.

Billy86 wrote: »
    What's your opinion on Trump on Trump repeatedly calling for war, "bombing the sh*t" out of the Middle East, torturing innocents and stealing oil?

I'm not asking what your opinion of Clinton's foreign policy is (personally I'm not a fan of much of her track record there either). I am asking what your opinion on Trump calling for the above is.

Again, I am not asking for your opinion on Clinton's policy, I am asking for your opinion on Trumps proposals. What do you make of it?

Talk is cheap IMO. Past action is that Trump runs his mouth off a lot, but Clinton has actually given orders that has lead to virtually endless war in North Africa and ME.

Trump could propose pigs will fly, walls will be built around Honolulu and Peru, that he bathes in human milk, but it is all just talk. His proposals like most President's proposals are utterly meaningless because they have no executive power to put through such proposals without oversight from the actual US government of around 100,000 people and organisations competing and cooperating with one another to varying degrees.

Hence Obama's change nonsense. People buy into the emotional sell of the charismatic politician as if they are a fascist dictator. I'd ignore the policies, the talk, the media, the grandstanding and the whole show - just look at what they have done historically with regard to economy, defence, etc., .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Talk is cheap IMO. Past action is that Trump runs his mouth off a lot, but Clinton has actually given orders that has lead to virtually endless war in North Africa and ME.

Trump could propose pigs will fly, walls will be built around Honolulu and Peru, that he bathes in human milk, but it is all just talk. His proposals like most President's proposals are utterly meaningless because they have no executive power to put through such proposals without oversight from the actual US government of around 100,000 people and organisations competing and cooperating with one another to varying degrees.

Hence Obama's change nonsense. People buy into the emotional sell of the charismatic politician as if they are a fascist dictator. I'd ignore the policies, the talk, the media, the grandstanding and the whole show - just look at what they have done historically with regard to economy, defence, etc., .
    There was a reason I TWICE said it was a question not about Clinton, but about Trump. Were Trump to (at this stage, hypothetically) win the election then Clinton's proposals mean nothing.

That said, you basically just said they would be exactly the same.

Talk is cheap. What are these 'orders' she gave that will ensure this endless war? I'm all ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,967 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They argue Russia is interfering with election process , but it's the media who are doing it in favour of Clinton. All these stories are magnified x 20 into something brutal and they are so many gullible people who will believe everything said, it's these people who will effect the polls and put Hilary in Whitehouse.
    Might be some truths about stories, he might have hit on some of these women.

Advertisement