Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They argue Russia is interfering with election process , but it's the media who are doing it in favour of Clinton. All these stories are magnified x 20 into something brutal and they are so many gullible people who will believe everything said, it's these people who will effect the polls and put Hilary in Whitehouse.
    Might be some truths about stories, he might have hit on some of these women.

He didn't hit on them he tried to force himself on them

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/8Nmb82eeDe

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-unearthed-footage-trump-says-of-10-year-old-i-am-going-to-be-dating-her-in-10-years/

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/palm-beach-post-exclusive-local-woman-says-trump-groped-her/w5ii48gwdJY9htsLl88GcP/

http://www.king5.com/mb/news/local/miss-washington-2013-says-donald-trump-groped-her/334981243

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

But sure according to some on here they are only gold diggers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

They argue Russia is interfering with election process , but it's the media who are doing it in favour of Clinton. All these stories are magnified x 20 into something brutal and they are so many gullible people who will believe everything said, it's these people who will effect the polls and put Hilary in Whitehouse.
    Might be some truths about stories, he might have hit on some of these women.

It's the job of the U.S. media to cover, and editorialise on US politics. It's not the Russian's job to illegally hack email accounts and try and strategically hobble one candidate. Two different things altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

dissed doc wrote: »
    His proposals like most President's proposals are utterly meaningless because they have no executive power to put through such proposals without oversight from the actual US government of around 100,000 people and organisations competing and cooperating with one another to varying degrees.

The Executive branch does have the the ability to create law.

Why the F wouldnt russia interfering in the US election be magnified twenty times by the US press?? Its huge news, its an act of sabotage.

Obviously in a dictatorship like russia they get away with crap like this, but the russians really screwed up by not understand western society or freedom of the press. What the hell was Putin thinking backing donald trump??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,967 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's the story. Trump is telling a different one.
    So he forced himself on them, but didn't do through with it, the worst rapist ever. To me he hit on them got knocked back and left it at that, the correct thing to do. He didn't do a Bill Clinton and rape them when they knocked him back. How many guys hit on women in clubs, endless amounts. So he tried it on, he was young rich and full of it.
    Where are cops in all of this? Has he been questioned , arrested . It's all bull that is magnified x 20 .

• Advertisement

So he forced himself on them, but didn't do through with it, the worst rapist ever. To me he hit on them got knocked back and left it at that, the correct thing to do.

Groping a woman just once doesn't make it okay.

Any force is not okay.

Its really pretty simple.

So he forced himself on them, but didn't do through with it, the worst rapist ever. To me he hit on them got knocked back and left it at that, the correct thing to do. He didn't do a Bill Clinton and rape them when they knocked him back. How many guys hit on women in clubs, endless amounts. So he tried it on, he was young rich and full of it.
    Where are cops in all of this? Has he been questioned , arrested . It's all bull that is magnified x 20 .

Is this how you would hit on a woman
    Also Wednesday, People magazine published an account by one of its reporters who recalled Trump “pushing me against the wall, and forcing his tongue down my throat” during an interview session at his Mar-a-Lago home

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

How many guys hit on women in clubs, endless amounts. So he tried it on, he was young rich and full of it.

Young? The accustations relate to a man in his 40's at youngest - even if you believe youth is a passport to legitimise abuse.
    What's being rich got to do with it?
    He's certainly full of it, the it being sh!t, but that's really much of a defence for sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's extremely unpopular among women, ahem, or rather in electoral popularity.

It isn't just the Beavis and Butthead tape, it's the comments about women on their period, Rosie O'Donnell, the Miss Universe contestant, the Apprentice etc.

The guy was only getting 70 or 80% of the Republican women vote about a month ago, these are nailed on GOP voters that he can't win over.

The end of the day, it doesn't matter whay you or I think, he's the most unpopular Republican nominee amongst women ever.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Yep, he was 59 at the time of the tape.

Tbh there isn't that much between Bill and Trump on the sleazy old man front but the choice is between a lech as first gentleman or the actual President.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm genuinely shocked Politifact ran this fact-check

http://politifact.com/pennsylvania/statements/2016/oct/11/donald-trump/donald-trump-confuses-eatn-park-its-famous-smiley-/

They just irreparably damaged their own reputation.

That's taking the biscuit all right!

Sorry. Yeah that's picking for the sake of picking.

It's not even a lie which is all the more disappointing. It's a gaffe.

I emailed the editor for that piece and chewed him out for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

To clarify my earlier post, the psychologist and woman Trump supporter who made those remarks that the women were informed ahead of time Trump would be coming into the changing room I think was Gina Loudon who appeared on CNN. Here is a video of what she said on CNN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Hillary Clinton is putting herself forward as the better option this election term but if you take a look at her resume, she approved the Iraq war, continued this policy after the Democrats swept to victory under Obama and supports similar initiatives to have ballistic weapons installed in Eastern Europe to deter Iranian aggression.

She also backs the Turks and Saudis the worst offenders of human rights while the Libyan, Egyptians, Tunisians & Syrians were all attacked by Jihadists. As a European I don’t trust her with the nuclear codes of the most powerful Nation in the world. Decisions she made were irresponsible both in the Muslim world but also in America itself.

She presided in Congress in a time in which domestic terrorism was at its very height. Her policies and laws passed by her and others in Congress have not addressed the issues that concern most Americans. On her watch Libertarians have become a huge force in America. Angry at the subprime mess we have seen the rise of personalities like Palin and Bachmann.

To clarify my earlier post, the psychologist and woman Trump supporter who made those remarks that the women were informed ahead of time Trump would be coming into the changing room I think was Gina Loudon who appeared on CNN. Here is a video of what she said on CNN.

One of the contestants said they had no warning, whow do we believe? Someone who was there or someone who works for Trump?
    Tasha Dixon, who competed as Miss Arizona in 2001, told CBS’ Los Angeles station that the GOP nominee had entered dressing rooms while her fellow contestants were “half naked.”

“Our first introduction to him was when we were at the dress rehearsal and half naked changing into our bikinis,” Dixon said in an interview with KCAL 9. “He just came strolling right in. There was no second to put a robe on or any sort of clothing or anything. Some girls were topless. Other girls were naked.”

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton is putting herself forward as the better option this election term but if you take a look at her resume, she approved the Iraq war, continued this policy after the Democrats swept to victory under Obama and supports similar initiatives to have ballistic weapons installed in Eastern Europe to deter Iranian aggression.

She also backs the Turks and Saudis the worst offenders of human rights while the Libyan, Egyptians, Tunisians & Syrians were all attacked by Jihadists. As a European I don’t trust her with the nuclear codes of the most powerful Nation in the world. Decisions she made were irresponsible both in the Muslim world but also in America itself.

She presided in Congress in a time in which domestic terrorism was at its very height. Her policies and laws passed by her and others in Congress have not addressed the issues that concern most Americans. On her watch Libertarians have become a huge force in America. Angry at the subprime mess we have seen the rise of personalities like Palin and Bachmann.

Mod:

Yes, could you keep it to the megathread please, no point people making the same points on 2 different threads.

Overheal wrote: »
    It's not even a lie which is all the more disappointing. It's a gaffe.

I emailed the editor for that piece and chewed him out for a minute.

We felt the fact that Mr. Trump got wrong was worth writing about; these are pretty well-known places in western and central Pennsylvania. We've checked plenty of politicians and candidates' claims about health care, employment, the environment, corruption and the like. This one, while not the same, is a fact nonetheless -- and, quite frankly, a pretty simple thing to get right.

I am confident that it will not affect Donald Trump's overall Politifact score.

I honestly appreciate you taking the time to share your view of our work. I just happen to disagree with you about whether it was a fact worth checking.

I could save his race. What I would do if I was Trump is get a lady he has had a past meeting with to come out with some amazing story about how he sexual assaulted her, groped her and ripped her clothing. Create a story.
    Let this story run for a few days and fool the world, then when she is being interview live on CNN by Anderson have her admit it was all made up, have her say how easy it was to fool you all . This will discredit all the other stories.
    These women on cnn are being coached and told to magnify their story for the most dramatic effect, anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.
    Time for Trump to create his own story, show how easy it is. I will email him my master plan.

It is frustrating that the media is taking Trump to pieces over revolting comments and gestures while poker face Clinton avoids getting hounded for breaking international law. Bush got far more attacks for starting wars and the media turned against him in time. The media still bathes Clinton in glow as being the best candidate. Palin and Bachmann are looking better and better by the day. The media went after them as well.

• Advertisement

I could knock this plan out in a few days if I was working on his campaign. Would love to see Andersons face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I could knock this plan out in a few days if I was working on his campaign. Would love to see Andersons face.

Bill Cosby and Jared Fogle must be kicking themselves for not thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It is frustrating that the media is taking Trump to pieces over revolting comments and gestures while poker face Clinton avoids getting hounded for breaking international law. Bush got far more attacks for starting wars and the media turned against him in time. The media still bathes Clinton in glow as being the best candidate. Palin and Bachmann are looking better and better by the day. The media went after them as well.

What international law was that, that she broke? Was there an arrest or trial that the media missed?An Interpol warrant missed?

If you're talking about Libya, there are a bunch of nations just as 'guilty' as the US, so that seems like a pretty weak argument.

If we're talking about biased media, well, how do you describe Breitbart, Fox, Infowars and the rest of the bottom feeders? They're media - and wildly biased pro-Trump and anti-Clinton. Imagine what the Clinton's could do in the no-1st-amendment liberalized-libel-suit world Trump envisions? AFAIK they've never sued any of the nutters (Roger Stone, that convict D'Souza) for defamation or whatever, since you really can't in US law. Unlike, say, in Ireland where you can sue and win over a tweet.

Palin and Bachmann looking better than, say, when they were part of the political world in the US? I suppose - you don't hear much from either of them other than the occasional lunacy out of Bachmann. When they were functioning as politicians they didn't look too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

. Palin and Bachmann are looking better and better by the day.

Really, they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Calina wrote: »
    Really, they aren't.

Welcome to the world of regurgitating Republican soundbites.

Calina wrote: »
    Really, they aren't.

Simple because of all the scandals coming out with Clinton with the charity and the donations from Rich Kings. Bill Clinton's image has taken a huge blow. I only heard about the nefarious activity about Clinton from a non-American news site RT. Before this I really was not aware of some of his antics. I only knew he was peacemaker in Northern Ireland and pursued Milosevic in the ex-Yugoslavia. All of this additional corruption completely changes the character. He was most definitely a womanizer. His treatment of women is as bad as Trump and you would agree if your being perfectly honest yet people love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Simple because of all the scandals coming out with Clinton with the charity and the donations from Rich Kings. Bill Clinton's image has taken a huge blow. I only heard about the nefarious activity about Clinton from a non-American news site RT. Before this I really was not aware of some of his antics. I only knew he was peacemaker in Northern Ireland and pursued Milosevic in the ex-Yugoslavia. All of this additional corruption completely changes the character. He was most definitely a womanizer. His treatment of women is as bad as Trump and you would agree if your being perfectly honest yet people love him.

RT? The same Russia Today that is funded by the Russian government. While I like RT and watch it, it is a mouth piece of Putin.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Paulb771

Anybody want Trump to win, simply to beat the haters, the biased tv show hosts in America trying to ruin his campaign, the biased news stations all against him! Say what you like about him, the guy tells it like it is according to him.. he doesn't sugarcoat. Much of what he says too, is true and right, but too many people are on a bandwagon against him, not willing to agree, just to conform with others. Hilary Clinton is corrupt... yet the media let's her have a pass on that .. the email scandals for one thing.. Fox news has trumps side, but not sure if any others do . Way too many people on the bandwagon.. Trump says a lot of things that are correct

I don't like him at all but just because of how completely biased this election is I want him to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Paulb771 wrote: »
    I don't like him at all but just because of how completely biased this election is I want him to win

That's a terrible reason to want him to win. The media have primarily reported his behaviour and what he says. He benefited from this in the primaries, now it's backfiring on him.

• Advertisement

Bill Cosby and Jared Fogle must be kicking themselves for not thinking of it.

Well it seems the media and hilary thought of it first, Trump should join in.

Advertisement