Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

The Clintons must be the two most investigated people on earth at this stage yet nothing stuck. Trump supporters now down to sites like breitbart and infowars. At what stage do they not just realise they put their money on a donkey and say better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

These women on cnn are being coached and told to magnify their story for the most dramatic effect, anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.

No evidence on this one I presume?

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Paulb771

Christy42 wrote: »
    No evidence on this one I presume?

I'd guess that's correct, no evidence just my opinion that I don't care much about but believe it very strongly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

20Cent wrote: »
    The Clintons must be the two most investigated people on earth at this stage yet nothing stuck. Trump supporters now down to sites like breitbart and infowars. At what stage do they not just realise they put their money on a donkey and say better luck next time.

I can see why they would not do that. Hillary is worse than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Simple because of all the scandals coming out with Clinton with the charity and the donations from Rich Kings. Bill Clinton's image has taken a huge blow. I only heard about the nefarious activity about Clinton from a non-American news site RT. Before this I really was not aware of some of his antics. I only knew he was peacemaker in Northern Ireland and pursued Milosevic in the ex-Yugoslavia. All of this additional corruption completely changes the character. He was most definitely a womanizer. His treatment of women is as bad as Trump and you would agree if your being perfectly honest yet people love him.

Ah, so nothing positive for Palin and Bachmann, it's just more of the same "b-b-but HillaREEEEEEEEEEEEE!" stuff.

• Advertisement

Ah, so nothing positive for Palin and Bachmann, it's just more of the same "b-b-but HillaREEEEEEEEEEEEE!" stuff.

Oh I don't know strong willed women. Disagreed with most of their rhetoric but you never know if they got into office they may be completely different. They behaved very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Oh I don't know strong willed women. Disagreed with most of their rhetoric but you never know if they got into office they may be completely different. They behaved very professional.

Batsh1t Bachmann was in office for awhile. Phalin was a mayor and part-term governor of Alaska. Neither were legislative or leadership stars, to put it mildly. Lest we forget Bachmann's husband did that gay therapy thing for money and I think she's returned to be part of that loathsome 'business.'

Just saw a clip on CNN with Fareed Zakaria interviewing Putin in front of a big audience. Putin says the same about Clinton - office might change her.

Unfortunately it was one of those clips-on-the-side and I couldn't find the URL.

In my opinion watching the clip, Putin's obviously afraid of Clinton. All the more reason she's by far the best candidate for President, Putin's a bad guy (/understatement)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Use the candidates proper names please and ditch the name calling.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭juno10353

The Clintons are backed by big banking, oil and fracking conglomerates, media moguls, and more. These people have spent huge amounts on the Clintons to ensure that their needs are serviced. Their millions of dollars empire has been built from payments made to them personnally..... for speaches etc. They are bought and paid for and have sold out to the interest groups. Hillary having been served a subpoena to produce irregular hard drive computer proceeded to erase same. While under investigation, and just prior to investigative result, her husband the ex president, asked and got meeting with lead investigator on board private plane, to discuss GOLF, for 90 minutes. Investegation, suddenly, swings in Hillarys favour. Then wikileaks uncovers unfavourable information on Hillary and the media moguls ignore it and instead cover reports on sexual activites of Donald Trump. I am not suggesting this should not be covered, it should, but so should Hillarys behaviour towards the women accused by her husband be covered. And so should the involvement of her husband in the investigations against her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

juno10353 wrote: »
    The Clintons are backed by big banking, oil and fracking conglomerates, media moguls, and more. These people have spent huge amounts on the Clintons to ensure that their needs are serviced. Their millions of dollars empire has been built from payments made to them personnally..... for speaches etc. They are bought and paid for and have sold out to the interest groups. Hillary having been served a subpoena to produce irregular hard drive computer proceeded to erase same. While under investigation, and just prior to investigative result, her husband the ex president, asked and got meeting with lead investigator on board private plane, to discuss GOLF, for 90 minutes. Investegation, suddenly, swings in Hillarys favour. Then wikileaks uncovers unfavourable information on Hillary and the media moguls ignore it and instead cover reports on sexual activites of Donald Trump. I am not suggesting this should not be covered, it should, but so should Hillarys behaviour towards the women accused by her husband be covered. And so should the involvement of her husband in the investigations against her.

Since 2009, GW Bush has given about 200 speeches at 150k each.

likewise, Bill has cashed in on being an ex-president.

You'll find that the majority of the money companies have paid 'the clintons' has actually been paid to Bill which is pretty much par for the course for ex-presidents.

It's not ideal of course, but it's not irregular either.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Batsh1t Bachmann was in office for awhile. Phalin was a mayor and part-term governor of Alaska. Neither were legislative or leadership stars, to put it mildly. Lest we forget Bachmann's husband did that gay therapy thing for money and I think she's returned to be part of that loathsome 'business.'

Just saw a clip on CNN with Fareed Zakaria interviewing Putin in front of a big audience. Putin says the same about Clinton - office might change her.

Unfortunately it was one of those clips-on-the-side and I couldn't find the URL.

In my opinion watching the clip, Putin's obviously afraid of Clinton. All the more reason she's by far the best candidate for President, Putin's a bad guy (/understatement)

This is Putin which was a major platform of President Obama's term to cooperate with world leaders in combatting terrorism and maintaining the international order. Since that time the world has been far from orderly and Hillary was in power when the outbreaks of violence broke out. She was backed by Saudi Arabia & Turkey. You know worse autocracies. Hillary is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is Putin which was a major platform of President Obama's term to cooperate with world leaders in combatting terrorism and maintaining the international order. Since that time the world has been far from orderly and Hillary was in power when the outbreaks of violence broke out. She was backed by Saudi Arabia & Turkey. You know worse autocracies. Hillary is the biggest hypocrite of them all.

Are we meant to brush over Iraq and Afghanistan and hostilities between Gaza and Israel during the former administration? It would be laughable to pretend that everything was cozy and then suddenly became anarchic when Obama took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

America election 2016 is a mess and these two clowns are what's left to take highest office . I feel sorry for American voters as the choice is more than poor.its comedy. Which ever gets in .is sad day for America .
    They both worst candidates .
    Wouldn't vote for either of them if I was American

Overheal wrote: »
    Are we meant to brush over Iraq and Afghanistan and hostilities between Gaza and Israel during the former administration? It would be laughable to pretend that everything was cozy and then suddenly became anarchic when Obama took over.

Not long ago the Palestinians and Israeli's were shaking hands. Since then we have seen several wars. Nobody talks about Palestine anymore or the human rights abuses in the Muslim states or Israel. Way down the agenda as late.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Not long ago the Palestinians and Israeli's were shaking hands.

Indeed. Under an initiative sponsored by the Clinton administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,967 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

America election 2016 is a mess and these two clowns are what's left to take highest office . I feel sorry for American voters as the choice is more than poor.its comedy. Which ever gets in .is sad day for America .
    They both worst candidates .
    Wouldn't vote for either of them if I was American
    I'm sure if you were American that you could make a decision, it's such an important election that the ramifications will still reach you anyway. If your vote is the deciding vote, which way would you go?
    Despite the media circus the choice really isn't that complicated. You can have open borders, the demographics of your country will be forever altered for the worse and an oligarchy continues bleeding your country of it's wealth. On the other hand you can choose controlling your borders and have your government work in the interests of your own people.

meepins wrote: »
    I'm sure if you were American that you could make a decision, it's such an important election that the ramifications will still reach you anyway. If your vote is the deciding vote, which way would you go?
    Despite the media circus the choice really isn't that complicated. You can have open borders, the demographics of your country will be forever altered for the worse and an oligarchy continues bleeding your country of it's wealth. On the other hand you can choose controlling your borders and have your government work in the interests of your own people.

A lovely scenario, only muddied by the facts of Clinton not pursuing an open border with anyone, there is no oligarchy in place, there's nothing to suggest that the demographic of the USA is making anything worse, and, on the other hand, there's a candidate who has no experience of governing anything, and has demonstrated almost total ignorance of the constitutional underpinnings of the nation. Decisions, decisions?

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    A lovely scenario, only muddied by the facts of Clinton not pursuing an open border with anyone, there is no oligarchy in place, there's nothing to suggest that the demographic of the USA is making anything worse, and, on the other hand, there's a candidate who has no experience of governing anything, and has demonstrated almost total ignorance of the constitutional underpinnings of the nation. Decisions, decisions?
    My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere - said Hillary Clinton in a paid speech to Brazil-based Banco Itau in 2013
    If you aren't getting paid to peddle these lies alastair, you're missing a trick because I see people every day on various forums doing exactly that.
    I'm not interested in the views of an acolyte of the multicult, thanks anyway. I'd rather hear what a normal person thinks about it.

If you aren't getting paid to peddle these lies alastair, you're missing a trick because I see people every day on various forums doing exactly that.
    I'm not interested in the views of an acolyte of the multicult, thanks anyway. I'd rather hear what a normal person thinks about it.

Sorry, but there's nothing in that passage that suggests that Hillary is pursuing an open border policy with anyone. She could well be for apple pie too, but she's not setting up a bakery either. Perhaps if you informed yourself of actual policy, you wouldn't stumble into making such mistakes?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/12/donald-trump/trump-ive-been-proven-right-about-clinton-wanting-/

alastair wrote: »
    Sorry, but there's nothing in that passage that suggests that Hillary is pursuing an open border policy with anyone. She could well be for apple pie too, but she's not setting up a bakery either. Perhaps if you informed yourself of actual policy, you wouldn't stumble into making such mistakes?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/12/donald-trump/trump-ive-been-proven-right-about-clinton-wanting-/

From the podesta e-mails
    *Clinton: “But If Everybody's Watching, You Know, All Of The Back Room Discussions And The Deals, You Know, Then People Get A Little Nervous, To Say The Least. So, You Need Both A Public And A Private Position.”* CLINTON: You just have to sort of figure out how to -- getting back to that word, "balance" -- how to balance the public and the private efforts............

George Soros is one of Hillary Clintons top donors and also runs the Open Society Foundation which works to open the borders of the west to the third world.

from http://observer.com/2016/08/dc-leak-exposes-top-clinton-donor-george-soros-manipulating-elections/
    So far this election cycle, the billionaire investor has donated over $25 million to Clinton and other Democratic Party members, with more expected before November. Soros has also funded Media Matters, founded by David Brock, who operates on behalf of Clinton in several dubious capacities—like running the Correct the Record SuperPAC, which hires Internet trolls to spread pro-Clinton ideologies on the Internet.

Overheal wrote: »

Not so much mindless regurgitation here, nor is it intelligent filtering. This is taking jokes out of context to perpetuate malicious lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Not so much mindless regurgitation here, nor is it intelligent filtering. This is taking jokes out of context to perpetuate malicious lies.

So can trump supporters also use "intelligent filtering" a case in point HRC did not laugh at a child rape victim, she laugh at the fact he faith in lie detector tests was destroyed. If she can be attacked on that lie the Donald Trump can be attacked on this one if he and his surporters don't use "intligent filtering" don't ask others to do so. Live by the lie die by the lie.

From the podesta e-mails

George Soros is one of Hillary Clintons top donors and also runs the Open Society Foundation which works to open the borders of the west to the third world.

from http://observer.com/2016/08/dc-leak-exposes-top-clinton-donor-george-soros-manipulating-elections/

Again; nothing to suggest Hillary has any policy of opening any border. Refer once again to the link I provided, and try to inform yourself of actual policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Glenn Greenwald's on media this election. Quote from another blog, didn't see the interview myself:

---
    Not a fan of Glenn Greenwald but one point he did make today was that we are confronted with a campaign of almost total transparency with Clinton who has released her taxes, testified before Congress several times, had her campaign emails stolen and has copious policy plans on her web site compared to the opaque campaign of TRump who will not release his taxes, his health records or any other pertinent information.
    ----

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Igotadose wrote: »
    Glenn Greenwald's on media this election. Quote from another blog, didn't see the interview myself:

---
    Not a fan of Glenn Greenwald but one point he did make today was that we are confronted with a campaign of almost total transparency with Clinton who has released her taxes, testified before Congress several times, had her campaign emails stolen and has copious policy plans on her web site compared to the opaque campaign of TRump who will not release his taxes, his health records or any other pertinent information.
    ----

His credibility is not in question - his tax records were stolen.

Hillary is constantly on the back foot trying to prove how great she is. Will the nuclear war with Russia justify the group think that is supporting her? Like I said on another thread, she could kill hundreds of thousands of people, have Julian Assange executed and a core group of die hards will be there waving flags for her. Why is that?

Donald trump might be unsavoury as a personality, but he is certainly more accepatble than Clinton - is it that the sociopaths get her? How can anyone relate to Clinton, so many wars and dead people. Hopefully there are enough anti-war voters to keep her out.

• Advertisement

dissed doc wrote: »
    His credibility is not in question - his tax records were stolen.

eh?

Advertisement