Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Iceboy wrote: »
    Trump’s talk is indefensible. But Hillary Clinton’s actions as secretary of state, carrying out the Obama administration’s foreign policies, have cost many lives in many places, including the American ambassador and others killed in Benghazi. Women have a right to be offended by Trump’s words. But women have suffered a far worse fate from Secretary Clinton’s and President Obama’s actions. Pulling American troops out of Iraq, despite military advice to the contrary, led to the sudden rise of ISIS and their seizing of many women and young girls as sex slaves.

Seems like it's damned if you do, and damned if you don't with you and Hillary.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There is one thing that the (biased) media could do to prove they really supported Hillary. Although it could also just show they have integrity still. So it's a catch 22: they could cover the news about the Dakota access pipeline, where 20 some police agencies are cracking down on unarmed protestors who want to protect tribal lands that have been the subject of a treaty violation by the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Not to mention the reporter who was charged with rioting for reporting on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/17/amy-goodman-north-dakota-oil-access-pipeline-protest-arrest-riot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,523 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Michael Moore's documentary Trump land is on Channel 4 at 11 tonight, heard this is quite good, has anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Michael Moore's documentary Trump land is on Channel 4 at 11 tonight, heard this is quite good, has anyone seen it?

I've seen it. It's not very good. In fact it's pretty poor.

It does make a good pitch for the rough ride that Hillary got on the Clinton healthcare reform proposals way back when, but it's mostly pretty cringey stuff, with lots of poor gags that fall well short of the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I’m honestly shocked at some of the stories the mainstream media is putting out today. Soooo not like them. Is it because they are trying to salvage the last little bit of journalistic integrity left? The USA Today, usually a stanch ally of Hillary, who regularly puts out articles favorable to her campaign, came out with a scathing commentary over recent Clinton revelations. And they make a poignant statement... If no one could tell her ‘no,’ including the president of the United States over her disastrous decisions, she would be out of control as our next President.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/10/30/hillary-clinton-email-investigation-trump-president-glenn-reynolds/93006320/

Is it too lake for Mitt Romney (R) to run for President with Jim Webb (D) as his Vice President? The mainstream media might actually be fair to the pair at this point with Hillary and Donald as the only viable options. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Amerika wrote: »
    I’m honestly shocked at some of the stories the mainstream media is putting out today. Soooo not like them. Is it because they are trying to salvage the last little bit of journalistic integrity left? The USA Today, usually a stanch ally of Hillary, who regularly puts out articles favorable to her campaign, came out with a scathing commentary over recent Clinton revelations. And they make a poignant statement... If no one could tell her ‘no,’ including the president of the United States over her disastrous decisions, she would be out of control as our next President.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/10/30/hillary-clinton-email-investigation-trump-president-glenn-reynolds/93006320/

Post moved to the relevant thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Post moved to the relevant thread.

Thanks, wasn't sure which thread to post it to as this one is 'The biased Media vs Trump' and my post didn't mention media bias against Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Chicago Tribune are saying Hillary Clinton should step down.

They said the party would " Ask her to step down now, if nation was more important to the Democrats than power".

Maybe with the polls tightening, maybe with fear of being possibly tainted by association, some want to step back from Hillary Clinton.

• Advertisement

This rings similar to trump telling the polls were rigged until they started to show him rebound.

Overheal wrote: »
    This rings similar to trump telling the polls were rigged until they started to show him rebound.

The factors I've already noted would lead those of sound mind to believe the election is rigged, no matter the outcome.

The factors I've already noted would lead those of sound mind to believe the election is rigged, no matter the outcome.

I've seen no evidence suggesting anyone can rig the election in their favor. Individuals can get caught committing fraud, but there is no evidence to show there is enough influence to take the national election.

I've seen no evidence suggesting anyone can rig the election in their favor. Individuals can get caught committing fraud, but there is no evidence to show there is enough influence to take the national election.

Get your head out of those books and watch a little of the news from the mainstream media in order to see what has been happening since January.

Get your head out of those books and watch a little of the news from the mainstream media in order to see what has been happening since January.

'The mainstream media is biased'

'Watch the mainstream media'

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has the mainstream media gotten over their initial shock of the Hillary/Huma/Weiner/FBI revelation? Have they now gone back to their ideological callings over journalistic integrity? Will it be a week of Trump and the Russians, Trump and his Taxes, and Trump and Women? Let poor Hillary alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

CNN, after suspending Brazile, are now entering damage control mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Bernie Sanders fans are really annoyed the way the election has gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Has the mainstream media gotten over their initial shock of the Hillary/Huma/Weiner/FBI revelation? Have they now gone back to their ideological callings over journalistic integrity? Will it be a week of Trump and the Russians, Trump and his Taxes, and Trump and Women? Let poor Hillary alone?

You seem to think they should take it in turns of equal proportions on each candidate and if they don't, it's biased coverage.

Like if someone comes forward saying Trump groped them, you have to balance that with a bit about Benghazi or something.

Trump went from breaking scandal to breaking scandal for months and of course the media covered it.

Now no-one cares about Trump for the moment because of Hillary's breaking scandal.

What you're seeing this week is that the media are in fact fair but there was just too much ongoing controversy about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I suppose the key is stop doing things that will get you negative press!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

So, how many questions do you think our lovely media fed Hillary ahead of her debates with Trump? Guess we'll have to wait for Wikileaks to find out. Can't expect our media to investigate themselves for corruption, now can we?

No response from Hillary about her taking a slimy advantage in the primary. Has the media even asked her? Anything to get Hillary elected, I guess. Maybe we do need a Trump to blow the whole corrupt system up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Maybe we do need a Trump to blow the whole corrupt system up.

Yeah...cos there's no way Trump is ever for sale :P

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah...cos there's no way Trump is ever for sale :P

Who would Trump be beholding to? Trump is proposing a five-year ban on executive branch officials and lawmakers who want to become lobbyists. I think that is why the establishment fears him so, because he won’t be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Who would Trump be beholding to? Trump is proposing a five-year ban on executive branch officials and lawmakers who want to become lobbyists. I think that is why the establishment fears him so, because he won’t be bought.

I'm agreeing with you, he hates money. His track record proves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I see we've forgotten about Trumps staff trying to sell his presidency to China already, before even getting into the Russians ties/debts...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

When he released his tax returns and a comprehensive list of his creditors I might believe the idea he is beholden to no one. Until then..

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm agreeing with you, he hates money. His track record proves it.

No, he loves money. He already has gobs and gobs of it. Now he’ll work to make sure us average Joe’s get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

No, he loves money. He already has gobs and gobs of it. Now he’ll work to make sure us average Joe’s get some.

Given Trumps history of screwing over just about anyone and everyone he can financially, this mindset is so misguided and delusional that I honestly don't for a second even think those espousing it have the slightest belief that it is true. They'd do as well to claim that the millions of dollars he defrauded from the American public that he is set to go to trial for later this month was going to be used to feed the starving children and clothe the homeless.

If he wanted the average Joe to have some money he should probably pay all the charities he's promised to pay, or contribute to the ones he just showed up to to make himself look good. Or pay his contractors what they've been contracted, or pay his construction workers a competitive wage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Yes, Trump is the pinnacle example of trickle-down economics: 'do something for me and I won't pay you - don't like it then I'll sue you because you can't afford the defense.'

how do you defend someone like that in the face of overwhelming and empirical contradiction? What must it like to lie through your teeth and watch your own personal set of values get flushed down the loo?

• Advertisement

If he wanted the average Joe to have some money he should probably pay all the charities he's promised to pay, or contribute to the ones he just showed up to to make himself look good. Or pay his contractors what they've been contracted, or pay his construction workers a competitive wage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Yes, Trump is the pinnacle example of trickle-down economics: 'do something for me and I won't pay you - don't like it then I'll sue you because you can't afford the defense.'

how do you defend someone like that in the face of overwhelming and empirical contradiction? What must it like to lie through your teeth and watch your own personal set of values get flushed down the loo?

I guess my response to that should be... Better than Hillary exploiting the Haiti earthquake in order to steal billions of dollars from the sick and starving people. See... Everyone can play that game.

But talking policy for once (something Hillary seems to be incapable of doing)... Reforming the tax code and trade policies to make it easier to hire, invest, build, grow, produce, and manufacture in America. Renegotiate NAFTA, cut unneeded regulations and make America a place businesses want to do business. Keep illegal aliens out. Use our vast coal, shale gas, and other American energy sources in a clean and appropriate manner to benefit American families and workers. These and other policies will keep jobs and wealth in America and into the pocketbook of the average Joe. What does Hillary propose to achieve that?

Advertisement