Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Overheal wrote: »
    Was that from her book?

and yes I'm sure your delicate sensibilities were affronted by "woman-hating" - you're voting for Donald Trump, right?
    No...
    http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2016-09-14.html

Haven't you've been keeping up with the news... Trump really, really likes women. Too much so, at times. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Was that from her book?

and yes I'm sure your delicate sensibilities were affronted by "woman-hating" - you're voting for Donald Trump, right?

You can't possible say all people who are voting Trump hate women.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

KingBrian2 wrote: »

It's a good thing I never said that?

It's a good thing I never said that?

You made the link. I might point out that many issues Trump supports matter a great deal to women and men.

You made the link.
    Can't say that I did, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

You made the link. I might point out that many issues Trump supports matter a great deal to women and men.

I remain unconvinced that Trump's interest in women in general can be described as fully respectful.

Calina wrote: »
    I remain unconvinced that Trump's interest in women in general can be described as fully respectful.

^ gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Pointing out that Trump supporters have not cared or ignored Trump's consistently abhorrent treatment of women is not the same as saying his supporters hate women.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Pointing out that Trump supporters have not cared or ignored Trump's consistently abhorrent treatment of women is not the same as saying his supporters hate women.

Trump is speaking on behalf of the entire country not one particular group. Hillary by contrast is well represented by lobbyists in Washington. Both candidates have crisscrossed the country in states across America, they are coming out in droves to back Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Omy

Trump is speaking on behalf of the entire country not one particular group. Hillary by contrast is well represented by lobbyists in Washington. Both candidates have crisscrossed the country in states across America, they are coming out in droves to back Trump.

So he is speaking for the Muslim population of the USA the Mexican population and also for women who believe they have the final say on their reproduction. Funny also he may think be is speaking for the black population but they ignoring him.

I do agree trump is not speaking to one group Trump is 100% looking after trump which funny enough will benefit the very rich.

If you believe he is going to be elected how much money have you bet on him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The fact that the guy sitting in a golden throne atop a tower with his name in big gold letters has convinced over 40% of the us electorate he is a man of the people and the person to stop elitism in Washington is beyond hilarious

Omy wrote: »
    So he is speaking for the Muslim population of the USA the Mexican population and also for women who believe they have the final say on their reproduction. Funny also he may think be is speaking for the black population but they ignoring him.

I do agree trump is not speaking to one group Trump is 100% looking after trump which funny enough will benefit the very rich.

If you believe he is going to be elected how much money have you bet on him!

Trump is running to get elected as he sees the Democrats have done a disastrous job when it comes to the economy and foreign policy. Lot of Americans will vote for him and that does not make them racists.

Trump is running to get elected as he sees the Democrats have done a disastrous job when it comes to the economy and foreign policy. Lot of Americans will vote for him and that does not make them racists.

How was it the democrats when Republicans have lead congress for all but 78 or so sitting days of Obamas presidency

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1929869

How was it the democrats when Republicans have lead congress for all but 78 or so sitting days of Obamas presidency

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1929869

During that time their was the gvt shutdowns and the massive rise in American government spending. Dysfunction in Washington caused by both parties.

During that time their was the gvt shutdowns and the massive rise in American government spending. Dysfunction in Washington caused by both parties.

Only 1 in 2013 actually. Prior to that not since the 90s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

Only 1 in 2013 actually. Prior to that not since the 90s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

They came close again during the budget negotiations.

They came close again during the budget negotiations.

They always do. Over everything: Mitch McConnel even put the health of terminally ill 9/11 first responders on the table as a bargaining chip the other year.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/9-11-first-responders-sen-mcconnell-stop-blocking-bill-n473071?client=safari

Like I've said many times before: he's that one politician out of the whole crooked lot that I would pay about any sum of money to watch get punched in the face. Slow motion preferably. He's an intolerable piece of flabby subhuman filth.

They always do. Over everything: Mitch McConnel even put the health of terminally ill 9/11 first responders on the table as a bargaining chip the other year.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/9-11-first-responders-sen-mcconnell-stop-blocking-bill-n473071?client=safari

Like I've said many times before: he's that one politician out of the whole crooked lot that I would pay about any sum of money to watch get punched in the face. Slow motion preferably. He's an intolerable piece of flabby subhuman filth.

Well the point I merely make is I prefer Trump to the current configuration in Congress which is Republican v Democrat.

Well the point I merely make is I prefer Trump to the current configuration in Congress which is Republican v Democrat.

And that's fine, the part that gets me generally is that I find most arguments for the GOP ticket disagreeable, many times often predicated on misleading ideas and sometimes just straight up lies. Same can be true of Hillary but in fairness I can't tell you the last time I actually engaged or saw a real Hillary supporter. For example the Trump supporter might say something like "I'm voting Trump because Hillary has ZERO accomplishments" which is just categorically untrue. Go ahead and argue her accomplishments don't add up to much of you want, (not you just saying for instance) but say she has zero and that just grinds my gears as someone who enjoys fact-based discussions.

And that's fine, the part that gets me generally is that I find most arguments for the GOP ticket disagreeable, many times often predicated on misleading ideas and sometimes just straight up lies. Same can be true of Hillary but in fairness I can't tell you the last time I actually engaged or saw a real Hillary supporter. For example the Trump supporter might say something like "I'm voting Trump because Hillary has ZERO accomplishments" which is just categorically untrue. Go ahead and argue her accomplishments don't add up to much of you want, (not you just saying for instance) but say she has zero and that just grinds my gears as someone who enjoys fact-based discussions.

Trump stands in the same tradition as Ron Paul and Obama (yes I said Obama) they all were non interventionists and they make a great case for America focusing on Atlantic/ Northern Hemisphere. Clinton talks of America becoming insular as if that is bad. I most definitely don't believe it is bad. The causes of international unrest has been US foreign policy. Tricking the world into believing Trump is a bogeyman does not hold up in many peoples eyes.

• Advertisement

Trump stands in the same tradition as Ron Paul and Obama (yes I said Obama) they all were non interventionists and they make a great case for America focusing on Atlantic/ Northern Hemisphere. Clinton talks of America becoming insular as if that is bad. I most definitely don't believe it is bad. The causes of international unrest has been US foreign policy. Tricking the world into believing Trump is a bogeyman does not hold up in many peoples eyes.

But there's the thing and we get back to my peeve about fact based arguments: how is he insular/non-interventionalist by talking about expanding the military and ramping up air strikes against assumed terrorist threats. It doesn't compute.

But there's the thing and we get back to my peeve about fact based arguments: how is he insular/non-interventionalist by talking about expanding the military and ramping up air strikes against assumed terrorist threats. It doesn't compute.

Everyone knows where Trump stands. He is a committed non-interventionist. Clinton has made that a dirty term. It means according to her letting Russia run the world and Gvt's around the world facing the consequences of a US withdrawal which is nonsense. The US is not going away but under Clinton are we to expect more involvements in other countries affairs. The big threats get very little attention which involve more than the US like climate change, piracy, terrorism, Illegal immigration and nuclear proliferation. Big backers of Clinton include the likes of Saudi Arabia & Pakistan. Gives us an idea of America's attitude to International affairs.

How can he possibly be non intervionist? I'm genuinely not buying this.

From his own website:

That's his stump on the military. Nothing about non intervionism; says we will defeat ISIS and will do it quickly. How is this accomplished without intervention?

From his own website:

That's his stump on the military. Nothing about non intervionism; says we will defeat ISIS and will do it quickly. How is this accomplished without intervention?

That is the position of the UN. To go after the terrorists.

That is the position of the UN. To go after the terrorists.

But Trump is out against both NATO and the UN.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/02/donald-trump-tells-crowd-hed-be-fine-if-nato-broke-up/

So I'm still not getting where he's a non-interventionist.

But Trump is out against both NATO and the UN.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/02/donald-trump-tells-crowd-hed-be-fine-if-nato-broke-up/

So I'm still not getting where he's a non-interventionist.

The US performs most of the missions of the UN and NATO is used for UN missions also. When Russia performs a UN role they are accused of interference. When China gets involved in the South China sea they are accused of Imperialism. Nobody asked the US to be the army of the UN.

The US performs most of the missions of the UN and NATO is used for UN missions also. When Russia performs a UN role they are accused of interference. When China gets involved in the South China sea they are accused of Imperialism. Nobody asked the US to be the army of the UN.

This still isn't engaging the matter: how is Trump a non-interventionist?

This still isn't engaging the matter: how is Trump a non-interventionist?

I've said it. He wants the US to put the emphasis on America. All of his speeches have been focused on American matters that relate directly to Americans in the border regions, the mid west and elsewhere. Offending Saudi Arabia is not a major concern to him. Clinton knows she needs foreign heads of state to combat terrorism and other illegal organization but with Trump the priority is on why can't the Japanese have their own position via China or Germany and France or other European Nations cooperate with Russia. America is dictating to other countries what can and cannot be done. More often than not America's policies favour the worst states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I've said it. He wants the US to put the emphasis on America. All of his speeches have been focused on American matters that relate directly to Americans in the border regions, the mid west and elsewhere. Offending Saudi Arabia is not a major concern to him. Clinton knows she needs foreign heads of state to combat terrorism and other illegal organization but with Trump the priority is on why can't the Japanese have their own position via China or Germany and France or other European Nations cooperate with Russia. America is dictating to other countries what can and cannot be done. More often than not America's policies favour the worst states.

"Trumps position" is the biggest oxymoron i've ever seen.

The man doesn't have positions or policies on anything. He has soundbites and chants.

For the record, his "position" is to decimate the new world order which has held tight for decades since the 2nd World War. His "position" is the same on every other part of his life - "pay me enough money and i'll be/do whatever you want".

He wants Japan to pay billions more to the U.S. for the upkeep of the American military, which since the 1950's onwards has cost a fortune because they kept starting wars with disastrous shady deals equipping factions and rebels across the trouble spots of the world.

Non-interventionist or interventionist is largely irrelevant. There may not even be a world to intervene in with crackpots like Trump, Kim-Jong, Assad in power not to mention Putin who is worse than a crackpot in that he's a cold, ruthless, intelligent man with a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't forget you're engaging the same poster who claimed Trumps "complete and total shutdown" on Muslims entering the US showed he was "all for religious tolerance". While claiming he didn't mean all Muslims because he doesn't see Muslims as the problem/enemy, and then to a different poster claimed that Trump was right because Muslims are the problem/enemy.

Edit: I'll leave it at that actually...

Advertisement