Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The biased Media vs Trump!

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It says he was mistakenly perceived as a protester so you know the answer to that already.
    Yes, I do. So he was mistakenly perceived as a protester, despite that fact that he wasn't protesting. I wonder what it was about him that made people jump to conclusions about him?
    ...all lives matter...
    Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

:rolleyes:
    ...the BLM movement is... calling for police to be killed and white people too ...
    Nope. The BLM movement is calling for police to stop killing unarmed black people. That's all.
    Stop seeing racism where there is none...
    I'm not.

It's well know Assange is against the establishment...
    I guess we can look forward to his full-frontal assault on the Trump establishment any day now.
    Assange has already said he has emails on Trump but nothing worth releasing.
    So mister openness has appointed himself the arbiter of what we need to know. Nice.
    Trump has come out and said many times it wouldn't be a bad thing if for once, the US got along with Russia, and why would it?
    The Obama administration said the same thing in 2009. He was derided as a weakling for it.

I guess getting along with Russia is OK as long as it's the right people doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yes, I do. So he was mistakenly perceived as a protester, despite that fact that he wasn't protesting. I wonder what it was about him that made people jump to conclusions about him?

What conclusions did he draw about the black lady Trump hired in the video I linked a few posts up?

How many times have white's been thrown out and it's never been reported?

You know don't the answer to that, neither do I.

I guess we can look forward to his full-frontal assault on the Trump establishment any day now. So mister openness has appointed himself the arbiter of what we need to know. Nice. The Obama administration said the same thing in 2009. He was derided as a weakling for it.

I guess getting along with Russia is OK as long as it's the right people doing it.

Globalization is what he's against and what people like Nigel Farage are against.

If you don't think Hillary is owned by Wall St and global entities then there's nothing I can say to you that will change your mind.

What conclusions did he draw about the black lady Trump hired in the video I linked a few posts up?

How many times have white's been thrown out and it's never been reported?

You know don't the answer to that, neither do I.

So he definitely wasn't mistaken for a protester because he was black?

We don't know why it was, but it definitely wasn't racism?

• Advertisement

So he definitely wasn't mistaken for a protester because he was black?

We don't know why it was, but it definitely wasn't racism?

Semantics.

I can't say one way or another.

If he did it 5 times we could agree without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

Media not at fault at all then?

The host made a silly comment at the end considering most Hillary supporters are not African American either. They only make up 13% of the US population.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

vladmydad wrote: »
    The democrats have destroyed black America

Post more constructively or not at all please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

Is the Republican viewpoint if we can get a black guy to agree with us it isn't racist? I know on one of the threads the argument that gay people voted for Trump was used as evidence that the Trump/Pence ticket wasn't homophobic. Never mind that one of the two funded electro shock shock therapy to "cure" gay people.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Is the Republican viewpoint if we can get a black guy to agree with us it isn't racist? I know on one of the threads the argument that gay people voted for Trump was used as evidence that the Trump/Pence ticket wasn't homophobic. Never mind that one of the two funded electro shock shock therapy to "cure" gay people.

No, the only side that keeps bringing minorities and the Black community into to it, is the left. "Trump only won because of racism." Trump had a higher voter % for Blacks and Latinos than Romney did. It grows tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

No, the only side that keeps bringing minorities and the Black community into to it, is the left. "Trump only won because of racism." Trump had a higher voter % for Blacks and Latinos than Romney did. It grows tiresome.
    What's tiresome is talking about 'sides'. It shouldn't come down to discussion of 'sides' and 'communities'.

As long as words like those are used, there will be polarisation. It's not particularly helpful.

What's tiresome is talking about 'sides'. It shouldn't come down to discussion of 'sides' and 'communities'.

As long as words like those are used, there will be polarisation. It's not particularly helpful.

Look I completely agree, I believe he's been totally miscast by the media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭FA Hayek

Yeah, there were no racial tensions in the USA before black people started getting the uppity notion that their lives matter.

I yearn for the days when racism was thinly veiled on these forums.

Oh please, stop being so condescending. The reaction from the losers of this election has been nothing sorted of pathetic. People are going full on meltdown on social media and elsewhere. They are so far removed from reality, which shows us exactly why Trump won. We have had people on Irish media cry, yes CRY live on air because Clinton lost. We have had them call all Trump supporters fools, idiots and stupid.

Have a listen to the Brenda Power interview on Newstalk. Her rant is epic, she even mocks their accents live on air. She equates that because she watched a reality TV show, she knows all about American culture, its people its needs and wants. All those dump stupid hicks don't know whats good for them. The usual far removed smugness displayed, which shows us exactly why Trump won. The liberal bigotry being displayed over the past few days is shocking. Would we be doing the same if they voted a certain way in Egypt, Russia, South Africa or elsewhere. Hell no!

If you want to blame someone or something, blame the DNC that forced Hillary onto the ticket and the entire political, media and financial establishment that backed her.

Taking aside from the fact that people like yourself have spent that last number of months calling Trump and his supporters all kind of various names. You freely jumped into the trenches, now you can't complain that there is dirt on your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

FA Hayek wrote: »

Have a listen to the Brenda Power interview on Newstalk. Her rant is epic, she even mocks their accents live on air. She equates that because she watched a reality TV show, she knows all about American culture, its people its needs and wants. All those dump stupid hicks don't know whats good for them. The usual far removed smugness displayed, which shows us exactly why Trump won. The liberal bigotry being displayed over the past few days is shocking. Would we be doing the same if they voted a certain way in Egypt, Russia, South Africa or elsewhere. Hell no!

Brenda Power is no liberal. Quite the opposite.

alastair wrote: »
    Brenda Power is no liberal. Quite the opposite.

Well in fairness about the smugness he has a point. You were calling her President Clinton when I tried to argue points with you, and rightly I pointed out she hadn't won yet. I could quote the posts and rub it in, something which is tempting, but I won't.

Well in fairness about the smugness he has a point. You were calling her President Clinton when I tried to argue points with you, and rightly I pointed out she hadn't won yet. I could quote the posts and rub it in, something which is tempting, but I won't.

You could try, but tbh, it wouldn't remotely bother me. Clinton was on track to win at the time, and still managed to garner more votes than Trump, so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement for either of them. She was the far better candidate, and remains so.

You could try, but tbh, it wouldn't remotely bother me. Clinton was on track to win at the time, and still managed to garner more votes than Trump, so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement for either of them. She was the far better candidate, and remains so.

In your opinion.

In your opinion.

Obviously. But then I rate experience, considered policy, consistency, and pretty much anything above petulant egoism as a positive. YMMV.

Obviously. But then I rate experience, considered policy, consistency, and pretty much anything above petulant egoism as a positive. YMMV.

I don't rate corruption and lies, and above all arrogance. Perception of one's reality to be the only correct platform is a self induced flaw.

I don't rate corruption and lies, and above all arrogance. Perception of one's reality to be the only correct platform is a self induced flaw.

No evidence of any corruption on her part. And if you don't rate lies, you've got yourself some contortions to continue supporting Trump. I'll stick my my considered assessment of the two candidates. She's on a completely different level - and if that comes with some arrogance, again, I'll refer you to the record of her opponent on that front.

• Advertisement

Not evidence of any corruption on her part. And if you don't rate lies, you've got yourself some contortions to continue supporting Trump. I'll stick my my considered assessment of the two candidates. She's on a completely different level - and if that comes with some arrogance, again, I'll refer you to the record of her opponent on that front.

Simply untrue, when Gowdy gets into the AG spot, or even Giuliani, truth and justice will prevail.

Simply untrue, when Gowdy gets into the AG spot, or even Giuliani, truth and justice will prevail.

Dream on. Nobody in that bunch believes that there's anything on Hillary. That's just the spin for the suckers. The investigations have already determined that she had nothing to answer for.

Dream on. Nobody in that bunch believes that there's anything on Hillary. That's just the spin for the suckers. The investigations have already determined that she had nothing to answer for.

Untrue

Gowdy

“There is sufficient evidence, both direct and circumstantial, upon which a jury could conclude an intent to violate the law,” Gowdy commented. “This evidence includes concealment of evidence, destruction of evidence, and false exculpatory statements—all of which fall under the general heading of consciousness of guilt.”

“It would appear the investigation is back to the status quo ante, which means Director Comey believes Secretary Clinton was indeed extremely careless in her handling of classified material,” he added.

All post Trump election.

Untrue

Gowdy

“There is sufficient evidence, both direct and circumstantial, upon which a jury could conclude an intent to violate the law,” Gowdy commented. “This evidence includes concealment of evidence, destruction of evidence, and false exculpatory statements—all of which fall under the general heading of consciousness of guilt.”

“It would appear the investigation is back to the status quo ante, which means Director Comey believes Secretary Clinton was indeed extremely careless in her handling of classified material,” he added.

“Yet, there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Secretary Clinton had a specific intent to violate a statute which specifically provides for the lower sector standard of gross negligence,” Gowdy concluded.

All post Trump election.

As I said - for the benefit of the suckers.

Look I completely agree, I believe he's been totally miscast by the media.
    He hasn't helped himself though either. He may be miscast but he's helped fuel the fire with some of his utterances.

Even 'Make America great again' has negative connotations for black people because it evokes winding back the clock to a very bad time for them.

I'd be interested to see where his open war with the media takes him. It hasn't calmed since his election.

As I said - for the benefit of the suckers.

That's the thing, you call people who have a different agenda suckers. When I tried to argue points with you pre election you called her President Clinton to diminish my points. It's quite petty imo.

Nobody knows if she'll be prosecuted or not. I believe she will be. If you don't believe that like I've always said it's fine, but to completely dismiss and turn to insults doesn't make your point anymore valid.

He hasn't helped himself though either. He may be miscast but he's helped fuel the fire with some of his utterances.

Even 'Make America great again' has negative connotations for black people because it evokes winding back the clock to a very bad time for them.

I'd be interested to see where his open war with the media takes him. It hasn't calmed since his election.

Totally agree, he hasn't helped himself. It's only when he hired Kellyanne Conway that his speeches and the points he was trying to make improved tenfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trump certainly did not only win because of racism. He is still a racist. Black people voting for you does not negate saying racist things. Especially as the vote share is dependent on your opponent.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump certainly did not only win because of racism. He is still a racist. Black people voting for you does not negate saying racist things. Especially as the vote share is dependent on your opponent.

I don't think he's racist. I believe he views all form of people who are not contributing to society the same.

• Advertisement

Totally agree, he hasn't helped himself. It's only when he hired Kellyanne Conway that his speeches and the points he was trying to make improved tenfold.
    To be fair she certainly succeded where so many others had failed. Whatever he's paying/giving her isn't enough. The woman looked wrecked towards the end.

Advertisement