Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barracuda Staying Open - Wetherspoon's isn't opening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Saw John Brady's facebook post yesterday saying that it was closed and sold, staff sacked etc. Total inaccurate populist rubbish.

I did not know that Finbees owned Barracuda as well. Strange to close a restaurant so long for a kitchen refit.

I hope it reopens as a better operation. It's a great location but I was not impressed with the food when I ate there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I don't understand the logic of the statement...

“It looks like the final pieces of the puzzle regarding the selling off of the Barracuda by Wicklow County Council last year for €10,000 are starting to fall into place. I believe that the staff have unfortunately been given their notice and the restaurant is to close. Last year there was a lot of disquiet in Bray when people saw something go for €10,000 that could be valued as high as €4 million.Word is a superpub may be the possible new occupier. ”

No one was being given their notice according to the owner. So it's not like someone rang with news of lay offs. The owner is right to be peeved about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Brady should be made to retract that statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

It's the logic behind it that I don't get.

Why would a TD put out such a statement?

"Word is a superpub may be the possible new occupier"

Who's 'word'?

"May be" - speculation

"possible" - more speculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A bizarre story all round. Why would WCC sell such a unique property for only €10,000 anyway?

• Advertisement
Advertisement