Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feasibility Grant application.

Options
  • 26-08-2016 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever applied for and managed to get a "Feasibility Grant" from your local enterprise office. If so could you give me any information on maximizing what you might potentially be awarded.
    I am half way through the application and i have been told to make sure i put in how much i feel my own time has cost in getting my business idea to this point. This is proving a major sticking point .. how do i put a value on my own time !!!.

I have averaged 15 hours a week (approx) over the last 6 months or so developing the idea and getting it to this stage. Do i pay myself a minimum wage or what figure do i take. I know there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration but i pretty much have them all covered.

I have an Irish design patent in place , Im working on the European one at the moment, all the domains have been taken , .ie .com .eu .net .co.uk, i have written conformation from an Irish distributor that they will distribute for me based off my drawings, the product has already won 2 college innovation awards and business plan is all up to date. I just need to get a prototype of the product made up and this is why i need the feasibility grant.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Enterprise Ireland allow a maximum salary calculation of €200 per day (€1000 per week) for their feasability programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

mrawkward wrote: »
    Enterprise Ireland allow a maximum salary calculation of €200 per day (€1000 per week) for their feasability programmes.

Thanks mate , this is great to know. Do they want a breakdown of how you would allocate that €200 do you know. As in "i do 2 hours a day and i feel im worth €100 an hour" ... not that i would be that cheeky but you catch my drift.

Advertisement