Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnect existing phone line in Apartment ?

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wondering how much it costs to reconnect an existing phone line ?
    We moved into a place last month and it appears the phone line is currently disconnected.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there,
    Just wondering how much it costs to reconnect an existing phone line ?
    We moved into a place last month and it appears the phone line is currently disconnected.
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Do you want to place this order with the Business or residential team?:D

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I asked how much it cost , I didn't ask to place an order ? ;)
    It's residential.

I asked how much it cost , I didn't ask to place an order ? ;)
    It's residential.
    I understand that  muppetkiller however each department has different pricing so I would need to clarify this.
    It's free for a residential customer however a contract would apply.

-Pamela 

but If I wanted to activate the line for another provider like Sky or Pure Telecom can I not get the line activated ?

but If I wanted to activate the line for another provider like Sky or Pure Telecom can I not get the line activated ?
    In this case you would need to contact the provider muppetkiller and place an order to reactivate the line with them.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

I contacted Pure telecom and they said that there is a block on the line ? what does that mean ?
    thanks for the quick replies.

Also I don't plan on being in the house for more than 12 months so if I was to go with Eir could I still get the line activated ?

Also I don't plan on being in the house for more than 12 months so if I was to go with Eir could I still get the line activated ?
    It would depend on the services you order muppetkiller if you wish to order broadband the minimum contract length would be 18 months.

-Pamela 

I thought there was a monthly rolling contract available for new broadband customers ?

I thought there was a monthly rolling contract available for new broadband customers ?
    This would be a mobile broadband service muppetkiller.
    I would reccomend contacting our sales department on 1800503303 to discuss your options in further detail.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Call Magnet. They'll do a  no contract BB only plan, you pay them €100 in setup fees and they issue an NLP to OpenEir.

Block is the last tenant didn't pay their bill and f'cked off most likely. You need to arrange proof of address so the old bill can be detached from the address so as to allow you order. 

Advertisement