Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove audio from video

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an mkv video file with 2 audio streams, I want to remove one.

Whats the best way?

(Preferably with no extra encoding if it can be done)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

AVIMux-GUI should do the trick - drag your file onto the top pane, then double-click it and you'll see each video and audio stream added in the bottom pane. Uncheck the checkbox for the audio stream you want to remove, then click "Start" and you should be prompted for a destination filename.

If you run into problems with that tool, this thread has a few alternatives you can try. AVIMux-GUI is my tool of choice for muxing AV files, for whatever that's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Fysh wrote: »
    AVIMux-GUI is my tool of choice for muxing AV files, for whatever that's worth.

Worth alot. Google threw up that name before I asked here but you never know what sorta dodgy yoke you could end up downloading. Thanks for the help/recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Mkvtoolnix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

degsie wrote: »
    Mkvtoolnix

Ended up having to use this, AVIMux wouldn't recognise the file, not sure why, VLC says it's an MKV but the audio is A52 (I've never heard of this), google says thats another name for AC3 so not sure.

But the Files working now anyway so thanks very much.

Advertisement