Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect Recommendations - Pre Purchase Advice

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Long time lurker here, I am hoping some of you may be able to recommend an architect to look at a house that we are currently sale agreed on in Dublin 14.

We have had a survey done and whilst there are no major issues, the surveyor did express some doubt/concern regarding the feasibility of some of the alterations/extension we are planning. We thought it would be a good idea to get an architect in to have a look.

The house is a 1950s 3 bed semi on an awkward plot. We want to keep the charm of the house but maximise the space.

If anyone has used an architect for a similar purpose and could recommend someone I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

MOD: Recommendations by PM only.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Using a surveyor is a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Lots of similar houses are being bought and renovated in the area. Maybe pop into one or 2 of the sites and talk to the builder about architect who's overseeing the job

Advertisement