Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on educationpost.ie job

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone clarify for me, when a job is advertised on education posts, you have required subjects and additional subjects, what is the difference?

Is it that you need teaching council recognition for the required subject(s) but not necessarily so for the additional subject(s)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone clarify for me, when a job is advertised on education posts, you have required subjects and additional subjects, what is the difference?

Is it that you need teaching council recognition for the required subject(s) but not necessarily so for the additional subject(s)?

The required subject is the main subject area and the second would be an advantage/possibility of hours with both subjects.

Or it could be like a post I applied for this year, had my subject and religion as additional subject which meant they could shortlist on those subjects required on TC registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

When you advertise on it, it asks for main and additional but in reality if listed, they are all required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Our school is looking for one at the moment primary subject Irish and they actually don't care what the second subject is they just don't want a teacher with a single subject only asfaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Our school is looking for one at the moment primary subject Irish and they actually don't care what the second subject is they just don't want a teacher with a single subject only asfaik

Irish, Home Ec. and maths seem to be in short supply.

Advertisement