Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bransons nasty bike crash

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Never misses the chance for a bit of publicity posting his injury shots on social media for a bit of sympathy.....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Ya fascinating guy to listen to being interviewed.His autobiography was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

Beasty wrote: »
    Never misses the chance for a bit of publicity posting his injury shots on social media for a bit of sympathy.....

That'd never happen around these parts I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I really thought I was going to die
    Wait for it.....
    I went flying head-first towards the concrete road, but fortunately...
    Wait for it.....
    my shoulder and cheek took the brunt of the impact...
    Wait for it.....
    and I was wearing a helmet...
    Wait for it.....
    that saved my life
    Bingo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

They better not introduce a helmet at work policy after this.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

#BONOdidItFirst

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He might have time now to look at the threads here on virgin media and stop them from ruining the virgin name :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's an amazing deal for him. they're just paying him to use the name, aren't they? free money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I just like the fact that he's living on the Virgin Islands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

that's an amazing deal for him. they're just paying him to use the name, aren't they? free money.

Yeah but his brand will be dirt in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Great plug for helmets ... hopefully this publicity will save many more lives like it did for Brandson. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Aww Jeebus. It doesn't matter. He should have landed on a goat, said "a goat saved my life" and then we would have been spared another helmet debate.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ted1 wrote: »
    #BONOdidItFirst
    #Nohedidnt

Not going to have these C-Listers stealing my thunder!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Virgin Atlantic don't currently list cycle helmets as something you can bring on free, although I suppose you could pretend it was a snowboarding helmet.

Unrelated but I loved this:
    For bookings made on/after 01 June 2016 standard dimensions of 190cm x 75cm x 65cm (75" x 30" x 26") and 23kg will apply regardless of the equipment type. In addition, we can no longer carry the following:
    - Canoes and kayaks

- Hang gliders

- Windsurfing equipment

What must have happened here is that some lawyer brought a hang glider and demanded that Virgin carry it as their free piece of sporting equipment. I wish I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Looks nasty :/

Hope he heals well and gets back on the bike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Aww Jeebus. It doesn't matter. He should have landed on a goat, said "a goat saved my life" and then we would have been spared another helmet debate.
    i'm just waiting for the day that a cyclist flips over the handlebars and lands on a DJ out for a late night walk, so for one day that cyclist can claim 'last night a DJ saved my life'.

i'm just waiting for the day that a cyclist flips over the handlebars and lands on a DJ out for a late night walk, so for one day that cyclist can claim 'last night a DJ saved my life'.

Not a go at you but why are people being so dismissive of a cyclist having a bad crash?

Begrudgery at its best?

I don't think I missed a memo?

[quietly]i was just trying to make a joke[/quietly]

Not a go at you but why are people being so dismissive of a cyclist having a bad crash?

Begrudgery at its best?

He'll survive. He's a celeb, and it's Friday. I certainly don't think anyone begrudges those injuries.

I started taking this thread in that direction, but having been there (and indeed having bought the T-shirt) I don't think a bit of banter about something like this is that much of an issue particularly when it involves someone with such a high profile who is unlikely to be reading the comments here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

That's horrible. Get well soon Branson. We need those planes to fly us to Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pats22b

Wonder what he cycles??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

The Sun's headline on Google News is the best:

395449.png

Edit: it was presumably an aluminium frame as he describes it as 'crumpled' when retrieved from the bottom of the mountain. Carbon would surely have splintered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Yeah but his brand will be dirt in no time.

Pass the pipe !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Begrudgery at its best?

14117773_10155147415798294_194232398127272796_n.jpg?oh=387e8195309e5c63f2c5dc47e24e5e38&oe=584CB9AB

[quietly]i was just trying to make a joke[/quietly]

Apologies, I know you were.

Lets just blame my mood for my post.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

pats22b wrote: »
    Wonder what he cycles??

He has, or at least has ridden, a carbon KTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Eamonnator wrote: »
    He has, or at least has ridden, a carbon KTM.

What he cycles on Mainland and cycles on the island are different things.

And he can look on the bright side ... an opportunity for a new island bike

• Advertisement

maybe he'll just buy another island, so he can buy another bike.

Advertisement