Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstating no claims bonus

Options
  • 26-08-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, made my first claim ever last month and lost my 10 years no claims bonus. Stupidly I did not have no claims bonus protection. So looking at my previous insurance premium I had 73% no claims bonus discount. Does that mean I can expect my current premium to multiply by 5 at my renewal? 😢 And if so how long will it take to build back up a decent no claims discount. Claim was settled to sum of €4300 - didn't realise paying back the outlay was an option. If it was a smaller amount I would have considered it if it meant a saving in long term.
    Really what I want to know is should I start saving now before my renewal date?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

buffy86 wrote: »
    Hi, made my first claim ever last month and lost my 10 years no claims bonus. Stupidly I did not have no claims bonus protection. So looking at my previous insurance premium I had 73% no claims bonus discount. Does that mean I can expect my current premium to multiply by 5 at my renewal? 😢 And if so how long will it take to build back up a decent no claims discount. Claim was settled to sum of €4300 - didn't realise paying back the outlay was an option. If it was a smaller amount I would have considered it if it meant a saving in long term.
    Really what I want to know is shield I start saving now before my renewal date?
    Hi Buffy86,
    We cannot forecast what your premium will be until approximately one month prior to the renewal date. Your claim will be taken into consideration as well as the rates of insurance at that time. If you had 5 or more years no claims bonus then this is reduced to 2. If you PM me your details we can take a look into it.
    Thanks
    Una

Advertisement