Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never seen a positive pregnancy test

Options
  • 26-08-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 36yrs old, never been pregnant in my life. I was overweight as a teenager and was put on Dianette aged 17 I was told I had a hormonal imbalance (high levels of testosterone), I was on Dianette for 13yrs and in that time I came off it a few times for 3-6 months but never used any contraception , I was never careful.
    I got ultrasound done and my tubes checked but they said everything was fine, ovaries were fine and no cysts on ovaries, so unexplained infertility.

I went on the Clomid for 6 months and produced healthy sized eggs each month took the injection to release the eggs done the TSI but still no sign of pregnancy.

I'm off the pill 7 years now and have not been on any contraception in the last 7 years. I've never once seen a positive on a pregnancy test. Two years ago after the failed Clomid attempt , myself and partner decided to do IVF, they retrieved 12 eggs , I had 3 very healthy eggs, done the 5 day embryo transfer but this failed 3 times. We just gave up now and stopped trying. If it's meant to be it will happen....this is my new attitude
    I see so many people around me getting pregnant at the drop of a hat, it's so bizzare, the human body is very strange.

has any one else been in the same position.....never been pregnant and unexplained

Advertisement