Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'waiting for iphone' update problem

Options
  • 26-08-2016 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

With all the news in the media about these zero day exploits, I connected my iphone 6 to itunes to download the update. Man, I'd forgotten how much of a horrible pig iTunes is :(

Anyway, update downloaded, started it off etc. the phone restarted and up pops the update screen (white background, back apple logo and progress bar beneath the apple). iTunes says 'waiting for iphone'.

And there it sits for the last 25 minutes. Not an ounce of movement in that progress bar - phone dead in the water with the update screen on it.

And now I'm starting to get nervous - has anyone else successfully installed the latest updates?

How long did it take?

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Never mind - it finally finished and I'm back in business. But that's the longest update installation I've ever seen. Had me kakking it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Good stuff. But just so you know you don't have to plug it into iTunes to update.

Advertisement