Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom bracket tool for Shimano BB-R60 Ultegra 6800/105 5800 Hollowtech ii ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

BBT-59 should fit.

From the product features on your link:

41mm OD cup
    Fits Shimano® BBR60 (Ultegra® 11-speed 6800 series), Shimano® MT-800

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I can honestly say I've never once used a torque wrench on a BB and I've built several bikes.

Just put it on to the point it's tight and not overly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

BBT-59. Thanks !! I will try it.

I wouldn't put on a bottom bracket with an ordinary wrench on a carbon bike. If too much force is applied and the B.B gets stuck in the bike it would be impossible to remove and the frame would be a throwaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

aindriu80 wrote: »
    BBT-59. Thanks !! I will try it.

I wouldn't put on a bottom bracket with an ordinary wrench on a carbon bike. If too much force is applied and the B.B gets stuck in the bike it would be impossible to remove and the frame would be a throwaway.

I wouldnt be concerned about it getting stuck because if you tightened it that much in the first place youve more than likely damaged the frame. If you don't know when to stop then your best to use a torque wrench. Some lads think they need to be ridiculously tight.

The fact shimano supply a plastic tool should give an indication as to how much force is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I'll get the torque wrench. I'm not going to guess the right amount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement