Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Dura Ace 9000 11 speed front derailleur work with DA 7900

Options
  • 26-08-2016 7:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

As the title, i can get a good deal on Dura Ace 9000 front derailleur but I'm not sure if it will work with my DA 7900 set up

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I couldn't manage to get a 6800 fd to work with 6700 shifters I assume it would be the same idea, I couldn't get enough clearance because of the rubber/plastic bit on the edge of the derailleur which I assume is there as it's a narrower chain on 6800. I guess you could gunther it off.

It is possible I just made a complete balls of it but had a 6700 fd in spares box so gave up quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They have different pull ratios and So you'll never get clean shifts with it. Id say it's not worth it even if you were given the FD for nothing.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Cheers I'll stick 7900

Advertisement