Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared alleway rights?

Options
  • 26-08-2016 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently own a property with a covered shared alleyway, our house (bedroom) is over the alleyway.

Issue is our neighbour regularly stores stuff in it including flammable products, petrol lawnmower, tiles, boxes etc etc. I had a word and asked nicely but he refuses to remove the items.
    It is my understanding that the alleyway should be kept clear. Do i have any legal rights here, i am contemplating taking legal action. Funny thing is, i think his house is still owned by the county council.

Any information appreciated?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Should be kept clear for ease of acces for both parties.
    Flammable items should be a non issue as the floor of the bedroom should be fore rated.

It's a civil issue and will only be sorted by co-operation or legal involvement, and that's where it gets messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Going legal with the neighbours is never a good idea. That said I should be qualified by the time the case is getting interesting so don't let me stop you! :pac: I might even get to carry your boxes around for the junior.

Advertisement