Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale price for my MacBook Pro.

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to upgrade to a MacBook Air later this year so I'm selling my current MacBook Pro. Below are the details, what sale price can I expect? Will.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

Hi,

Looking to upgrade to a MacBook Air later this year so I'm selling my current MacBook Pro. Below are the details, what sale price can I expect? Will.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Any thoughts on the above? Will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hi Will. You might get a better response in the Mac forum. This forum is for iOS devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Mac2Sell will give you a good estimate of what it's worth but if you check similar specced machines for sale on ebay, Adverts, etc. you'll find that you're likely to get a bit more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

Passenger wrote: »
    Mac2Sell will give you a good estimate of what it's worth but if you check similar specced machines for sale on ebay, Adverts, etc. you'll find that you're likely to get a bit more for it.

Sound, cheers everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that site correct?

It's saying my 2012 MacBook Air 13" i5 1.8GHZ with 120GB SSD is worth €1020? That's hardly right for a 4 year old machine?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is that site correct?

It's saying my 2012 MacBook Air 13" i5 1.8GHZ with 120GB SSD is worth €1020? That's hardly right for a 4 year old machine?

More or less, yeah. Four years is a substantial enough age for a MBP.

More or less, yeah. Four years is a substantial enough age for a MBP.

Mine is an Air. I just thought it'd be worth a lot less than €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Is that site correct?

I can't see it being worth anywhere near that.

embraer170 wrote: »
    I can't see it being worth anywhere near that.

That's what I was thinking. I would have thought I'd be lucky to get €500.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mine is an Air. I just thought it'd be worth a lot less than €1000.

€1179 for a new 1.6GHz Air base model. Couldn't see a 4year old one being worth near €1000, TBH.

• Advertisement

Mine is an Air.

Just seen that. You sure you input the correct specs?

Just seen that. You sure you input the correct specs?

Nope forgot to knock off Super drive off the list so now it's coming in at €880.

Advertisement