Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need CCTV installed quickly

Options
  • 26-08-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a CCTV installer who could price up and install cameras asap. Elderly relative being terrorised by gangs of teens and need to do something asap or should I just put up dummys till I can research and save up.for decent system. Need good night vision. North Co Dublin. All advice welcome situation is very tricky. Budget limited at moment. Also any recommendations for dummy camera to tide us over the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a list on top of this forum with recommended installers. There's also a list of licenced installers on the P.S.A's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

There a lots of alarm/cctv companies on the north side just Google it and call them get some idea of pricing as it maybe out if you're budget as you get what you pay for with cctv

shamu2new wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a CCTV installer who could price up and install cameras asap. Elderly relative being terrorised by gangs of teens and need to do something asap or should I just put up dummys till I can research and save up.for decent system. Need good night vision. North Co Dublin. All advice welcome situation is very tricky. Budget limited at moment. Also any recommendations for dummy camera to tide us over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

In the shorter term could you stick up a dash cam in a car, turn off the blinking light and just leave it on: you may have to bypass the cig lighter socket if its wired through ignition, mine is not :D.
    The other point is be aware of the public versus private rules for cctv as per data protection
    also, if they are in hoodies etc, can they be identified?
    will it actually help?
    cctv to use in court has to be of a very high quality and must be capable of been shown to be non tampered with.
    Have u discussed it with local cop shop?
    They call into me on occasions to look at stuff as I have my neighbours written consent to cover there driveway as well so there is some road coverage, not legal strictly.
    They never use the actual stuff, they just not car regs or individuals and then can place them as part of the case

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

A dash cam doesn't have Infa red so at night wouldn't work and wouldn't record through the night .and in my experience the garda don't care what you are recording they encourage people who are having anti social behaviour to get CCTV.
    Before you buy cctv at least buy a good security light .
    In the shorter term could you stick up a dash cam in a car, turn off the blinking light and just leave it on: you may have to bypass the cig lighter socket if its wired through ignition, mine is not :D.
    The other point is be aware of the public versus private rules for cctv as per data protection
    also, if they are in hoodies etc, can they be identified?
    will it actually help?
    cctv to use in court has to be of a very high quality and must be capable of been shown to be non tampered with.
    Have u discussed it with local cop shop?
    They call into me on occasions to look at stuff as I have my neighbours written consent to cover there driveway as well so there is some road coverage, not legal strictly.
    They never use the actual stuff, they just not car regs or individuals and then can place them as part of the case

Advertisement