Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom

Options
  • 27-08-2016 12:09am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else given this a go?

It's based on the pretty amazing anime/manga of the same name and follows the story pretty closely.

It's made by Omega Force so I was expecting another Dynasty Warriors fan service game like they usually do but it seems they've put a lot more effort into this one. Even though it's running on the Dynasty Warriors engine and the mission structure is mostly the same the core gameplay is very different.

Firstly the game fairly nails the manoeuvre gear movement from the show, it's just great fun to move around the areas and taking out titans limb by limb. You've also got to resupply blades and gas canisters which adds some on the fly objectives and fits in with the AoT universe as well. Unlike the Dynasty Warriors games you're against only a handful of giant enemies and taking them out is a lot of fun even if it's a lot easier to do than the anime,

Anyway I wasn't expecting much from the game but was pleasantly surprised with how much fun it is. Not the best game in the world but a perfect game to throw on for a mindless blast and the fans of the series will get even more enjoyment out of it. People who aren't fans should watch the anime :P

The PC port needs a bit of a patch though. It works great at 1080p and 60 fps but won't go beyond that resolution. It also doesn't play nice with 21:9 monitors meaning I have to play in windowed mode and my officially licensed third party 360 pad wasn't fully recognised, only my official pad was. The right analogue stick wouldn't work and the button configuration messed up making the game unplayable without camera controls.

Apparently the PC port is only available at the moment, the Irish Classification board is holding up release of the console versions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No, but it's definitely one I'm interested in. Really enjoyed the anime, and thought that the combat in that would make for an awesome game, the old browser game of it was meant to be great too, so been waiting to see how this one panned out. Little pricey for my blood right now though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

now if only season 2 would come out..... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waiting for vita version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Don't let the goofy naked giants fool you people, this is a great series to watch, I can't wait for season two.. \0/

However i am drowning in games at the moment so will likely pick this up in a steam sale in the future :P

If it was getting amazing reviews id prob kick up the €50 for it but i'll hold off

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

it's very true to the series and has a really unique gameplay style. the feeling of swinging through the streets is amazing, exactly the feeling I wanted since I watched the anime.

I was so utterly disappointed by the horrible 3ds game that was a lazy QTE fest mess, it didnt capture that sensatio of movement at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

now if only season 2 would come out..... :D

Starts in April. FYI this game includes content that will be covered in Season 2.

When reading the manga I thought the anime dropped the ball with the shock reveal at the end of the season, there is a much better cliff hanger pretty much at the end of the next chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Been playing this the last 2 days, its great great fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Really looking forward to this! Hoping to pick it up on the PS4 soon. Loved the show and like others said, thought it had amazing potential for a game, glad to hear they got the manuvouring right anyway :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this! Hoping to pick it up on the PS4 soon. Loved the show and like others said, thought it had amazing potential for a game, glad to hear they got the manuvouring right anyway :)

Might want to pick it up from a UK site if this block on Irish sale continues for long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wonder how long this rating crap will go on for ? Maybe we'll get it next week?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone played the PC version yet, how does it hold up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone played the PC version yet, how does it hold up?

Was chatting to a guy at work who bought it on my recommendation, he says its locked at 60fps and 1080p apparently/no v-sync, but runs fine (some FPS drop and stuttering when Titans bring down buildings) and plays fine... so long as you don't use a keyboard to play it with. The button config is woeful.

Pretty much what I've heard, you need a controller for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It plays badly with any aspect ratio that isn't 16:9, I've to play windowed on my 21:9 screen.

Also you'll need an official 360 controller. had trouble getting my officially licensed 3rd party controllers working, only the official one works.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Any more info the PS4 release?

Any more info the PS4 release?

Nope, best bet atm is to just buy a disc copy online from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What's the reason for the holdup for this on the PSN?

What's the reason for the holdup for this on the PSN?

Waiting for an Irish age rating apparently.

Its up on the store now for vita but its 50 euro.

• Advertisement

Its up on the store now for vita but its 50 euro.

Not showing up on the website.

Not showing up on the website.

Maybe they haven't updated it yet? It's in the store under latest games, 50 euro is a rip off for the vita version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Maybe they haven't updated it yet? It's in the store under latest games, 50 euro is a rip off for the vita version.

The PS4 version could be €70 then.
    Might go with The Game Collection for this for £35.

Ps blog says its not out until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I picked up two disc copy's from zavvi for 86 euro the other day

Cheers guys. I ended getting it off Amazon UK. Had it in my cart and the price changed to 31 pounds so snagged it for that. 2 day delivery with a few other bits. Shall be enjoying it hopefully this Saturday, nearly finished with the show as well.

Cheers guys. I ended getting it off Amazon UK. Had it in my cart and the price changed to 31 pounds so snagged it for that. 2 day delivery with a few other bits. Shall be enjoying it hopefully this Saturday, nearly finished with the show as well.

Shipping via i-parcel and now says "Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export"..... Why oh why. Slightly hestiant I'll be playing it this weekend

Edit: Guys it is up on Psn now. Apparently released yesterday. I'm a right eejit

Shipping via i-parcel and now says "Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export"..... Why oh why. Slightly hestiant I'll be playing it this weekend

Edit: Guys it is up on Psn now. Apparently released yesterday. I'm a right eejit

Its not up on psn yet. The psn blog states that it will be available here on Friday.

Its not up on psn yet. The psn blog states that it will be available here on Friday.

Are you sure? I know the post says 23rd and games are usually out on a Friday but it states 20 Sept on Psn via Android app and the option to add to cart as opposed to 60 euro

There it is
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/aot-wings-of-freedom-with-bonus/cid=EP4108-CUSA03662_00-AOTWITHBONUSIREL

• Advertisement

Are you sure? I know the post says 23rd and games are usually out on a Friday but it states 20 Sept on Psn via Android app and the option to add to cart as opposed to 60 euro

There it is
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/aot-wings-of-freedom-with-bonus/cid=EP4108-CUSA03662_00-AOTWITHBONUSIREL

No wonder I couldn't find it. PSN have it down as A.O.T not Attack on Titan :pac:. Fyi there are now Attack on Titan psn avatars available.

Advertisement