Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Full Coverage foundation

Options
  • 27-08-2016 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

What do you rate as the Best Full Coverage foundation?

At the moment, Im using Vichy Dermablend. While this does cover my Rosacea, it is very mask like and unnatural looking. I have recently been told that it makes me look 10 yrs older than I am

Looking forward to hearing your views

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

My sister has roseca and she uses bare minerals with.an anti redness primer. Always looks really good. If you go to debenhams theyll trial it on you for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

I love the Mac Pro Longwear Waterproof foundation. Lasts for hours long without needing touch ups throughout the day and also leaves a lovely finish to the skin! I have quite red cheeks myself and I find this works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Jeffree Starr just did a review on the new Hourglass full coverage. He really rated it. Have a look on his youtube video. O know Space NK on Grafton st stocks their range but not sure if its out here.
    Or how about the the Makeup Forever HD stick foundation. Looks pretty full coverage to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

Estee Lauder double wear is full coverage and stays on throughout the day. Another one I swear by is the Stila Stay All Day, I get spots on my chin and cheeks and it covers them completely but still leaves a dewy finish. It doesn't budge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, as do loads of my friends. Not so much that we need heavy coverage, more that we like it I guess! I find it really lasts the day and the finish is quite natural. I don't have roseca but just normal pale, blotchy irish skin thats prone to looking a bit uneven, so I find it gives me a good base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Estee Lauder Double wear is amazing but it breaks me out. Definitely go get a sample of it, you'll be hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

+ 1 on the Double Wear.

LRP do a CC Cream for people with Rosecea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Estee Lauder DoubleWear for me too.

I spent years trying to find the perfect foundation but when I discovered DoubleWear, I'd found gold.

It really does stay in place all day, it will give you full coverage, it remains flawless looking all day, it also acts as a concealer if you need it AND I find it also doubles up as an eyeshadow primer if you dab a little on your lids before applying shadow.
    Brilliant foundation.

Ask for a sample at your Estee Lauder counter and they'll give you enough for 10 days to try, free, before you buy the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I must say I have a Catrice 16 hour foundation that is amazing, it has great coverage, I wear it to weddings and the likes when I need it to last all day. I must say though I am lucky to have clear skin, but I get red very easily and this works well to cover it! I have the double wear aswell and it is very good also! the catrice is like a slightly lighter feeling version of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Estee Lauder double wear. It could do with a pump but its amazing and it covers my rosacea too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Estee Lauder double wear. It could do with a pump but its amazing and it covers my rosacea too.

Someone said before that the pump from a MAC foundation fits the DoubleWear bottle but I don't know which MAC foundation.

EDIT: Debenhams are selling the MAC pump and it does fit DoubleWear. Only €4.50 too.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123443223799_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Lol, only 4.50! You shouldn't have to buy pumps for premium foundations, what a swizzz
    *sorry rant over*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Revlon colour stay is quite good and buildable coverage.

I don't like double wear personally it clings to problem areas (I've acne)
    MAC face and body is great but unfortunately makes my face break out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I ADORE Kevyn aucoin sensual fluid foundation, it gives such an absolutely flawless finish. Was not mad on EL Double wear at all. I'd be used to heavy makeup, but this was an entirely different level.

It made me look like a porcelain doll. Not a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Anyone have any suggestions for full coverage for the drier skinned? I find double wear clings to every dry patch on my face and looks quite powdery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Anyone have any suggestions for full coverage for the drier skinned? I find double wear clings to every dry patch on my face and looks quite powdery.

I have dehydrated skin and wear DW. Great coverage and lasts all day, I absolutely love it.

I don't find it sticks to any dry patches but I don't really have any since I adopted this routine earlier this summer :)

I spray my face with Avene thermal water spray then moisturise with Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream and use a La Roche Posay hydraphase eye cream.

Then prime with MAC Prep + Prime Face.

I also cleanse with the Boots cleansing oil for dry skin and a Eucerin milk cleanser.

I've stopped using foaming cleansers and micellar waters as even the gentlest ones stripped my skin of what little hydration it had and left me with that horrible tight feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

The new Urban Decay foundation is seriously full coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Back2work

I ADORE Kevyn aucoin sensual fluid foundation, it gives such an absolutely flawless finish. Was not mad on EL Double wear at all. I'd be used to heavy makeup, but this was an entirely different level.

It made me look like a porcelain doll. Not a good look

Hi LexieOnRale,

Where can you purchase Kevyn aucoin sensual fluid foundation?

Thanks

Advertisement