Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes similiar to Saucony guide 9 and Mizuno Wave Legend (womens)

Options
  • 27-08-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

After just 360km (220ish miles) I have worn a small hole in the top of my Saucony Guide 9 shoes :mad: I still have another 5 weeks to go before the Lisbon half so they are not going to last :( I don't want to fork out another €140 for a pair so am looking at going the online route for something similar instead.

The Sauconys are a size UK8/EU 42 and it took me a long time to like them - lots of pain initially, although never any blisters. Before that I had a pair of Mizuno Wave Legend 2 that I purchased online, not knowing anything about what type of shoes I needed. I seemed to get on well with those, although they always felt a bit big and heavy and were definitely more 'clunky' on my feet compared to the Saucony. The Mizuno's were a UK7.5/EU 41 in sizing.

When I had the analysis done when I got the Sauconys I seemed to do better in a shoe that was a little less cushioned. I also have a wide foot so that needs to be taken into account.

Any suggestions on what makes/models I should look at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

mel.b wrote: »
    After just 360km (220ish miles) I have worn a small hole in the top of my Saucony Guide 9 shoes :mad: I still have another 5 weeks to go before the Lisbon half so they are not going to last :( I don't want to fork out another €140 for a pair so am looking at going the online route for something similar instead.

The Sauconys are a size UK8/EU 42 and it took me a long time to like them - lots of pain initially, although never any blisters. Before that I had a pair of Mizuno Wave Legend 2 that I purchased online, not knowing anything about what type of shoes I needed. I seemed to get on well with those, although they always felt a bit big and heavy and were definitely more 'clunky' on my feet compared to the Saucony. The Mizuno's were a UK7.5/EU 41 in sizing.

When I had the analysis done when I got the Sauconys I seemed to do better in a shoe that was a little less cushioned. I also have a wide foot so that needs to be taken into account.

Any suggestions on what makes/models I should look at?

Try sweatshop.com they have the guide 9 for about 80 stg and the previous version significantly cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Try sweatshop.com they have the guide 9 for about 80 stg and the previous version significantly cheaper

Thanks but i'd still rather not spend almost €100 on a pair of shoes that i'm only going to get 2-3 minths out of as i've only had the sauconys for 2 months and they already have a hole in them :(. I think the guide 9s were a significant redesign compared to the earler versions so i don't know how similiar they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks but i'd still rather not spend almost €100 on a pair of shoes that i'm only going to get 2-3 minths out of as i've only had the sauconys for 2 months and they already have a hole in them :(. I think the guide 9s were a significant redesign compared to the earler versions so i don't know how similiar they are.

Fair enough, could look at the Asics DS Trainer, Mizuno Wave Catalyst or even the Brooks ST5.

Ive used all the above and theyre nice light and decently supportive shoes in a similar vein to the Saucony. The DS trainer is probably the most directly comparable from what ive been told but having not used the guide I cant fully say.

As always try em on if possible before you buy as everyones foot is different. Good luck in your half too!

Advertisement