Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my account

Options
  • 27-08-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys

I have an account with you in mine and my sisters names. We are moving out and going to different places and so we won't be  bringing the account with us. 

How do we cancel and how much notice do you require?

Thank you
    ELshort 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ELshort,

Thank you for getting in touch.

There is no notice required for closing your Electric Ireland account - in fact account closure can only be done either on the day of moving out, or after.

Take note of a meter-reading on your final day and then contact us (here on Boards.ie if you wish - we are available on Social Media until 6pm Monday to Friday) and confirm the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and your name, address and date of birth, along with the reading and date it was taken, as well as a forwarding address for your final bill (up to your last meter-reading) and the name and contact telephone number of someone who would be responsible for registration to pay for supply after you move out (e.g. landlord/lady or property company).

If you have any further queries, do let us know.

Una

________

Advertisement