Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school options

Options
  • 27-08-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi All. My other half and myself are not originally from Dublin and have no knowledge of secondary schools in South Dublin. Our children will be attending Holy Trinity School (Sandyford) next year, which is close to where we live.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me any advise about what secondary schools are worth looking at and when to apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Fee paying or public schools? Benildus college is not too far from Sandyford and has a reasonably good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The new educate together secondary school took in its first cohort of students this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Adding a vote for Benildus, three of my sons went there: one of them is now a professor, two others were chess champions.
    Daughter went to St Raphaela's close by, also an excellent school.
    My family is infested with secondary teachers so I have a fairly experienced eye for such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

katemarch wrote: »
    Adding a vote for Benildus, three of my sons went there: one of them is now a professor, two others were chess champions.
    Daughter went to St Raphaela's close by, also an excellent school.
    My family is infested with secondary teachers so I have a fairly experienced eye for such things.

I'd second both these choices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement