Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working on a lawn

Options
  • 27-08-2016 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi all, 5weeks ago I used roundup to kill off the badly wild rush garden lawn, it has done its Job fantastically.

My next stage now is to turn the soil and rotavate it before reseeding

is there a machine out there that will push the stones underground as its been turned, I have just under a quarter acr to do

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

spongbob wrote: »
    Hi all, 5weeks ago I used roundup to kill off the badly wild rush garden lawn, it has done its Job fantastically.

My next stage now is to turn the soil and rotavate it before reseeding

is there a machine out there that will push the stones underground as its been turned, I have just under a quarter acr to do

Tnx

No, you have to rake them and pick them unfortunately. The thoughts of doing it are worse really, just take the bigger stones. I'd leave the peoples/smaller stones to aid drainage

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

phkk wrote: »
    No, you have to rake them and pick them unfortunately. The thoughts of doing it are worse really, just take the bigger stones. I'd leave the peoples/smaller stones to aid drainage

Yes there is, it's called a stone burier and looks like this

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Yes there is, it's called a stone burier and looks like this

Janey, you learn something new everyday, I've never heard of that! My apologies OP. I'm a bit old school I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭shane b

There is also a machine called stone rake which will collect the stones into rows. Depends on how stony your ground which one is more suitable.

Advertisement