Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull vs Manchester United 27/8/16 K/O 17.30 BT1

• 27-08-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

0E45888859004C2AABD87C90931D923E.ashx

Past three meetings…

Hull 0 Manchester United 0, Premier League, May 2015

Manchester United 3 (Smalling, Rooney, Van Persie), Hull 0, Premier League, November 2014

Manchester United 3 (Wilson x2, Van Persie), Hull 1 (Fryatt), Premier League, May 2014

Hull possible XI…

Jakupovic; Elmohamady; Livermore; Davies; Robertson; Huddlestone; Clucas; Meyler; Snodgrass; Hernandez; Diomande

Manchester United possible XI…

De Gea; Valencia; Bailly; Blind; Shaw; Fellaini; Pogba; Martial; Rooney; Mkhitaryan; Ibrahimovic

Comments

• Exciting times for Utd
    Needs to be 3 points picked up here
    Eager to see miki get a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If we can get an early goal we should beat them comfortably. If not we could suffer from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jayop wrote: »
    If we can get an early goal we should beat them comfortably. If not we could suffer from it.

This sounds like last season,this talk is banned.Jose is not about should win,Jose is about will win.

zerks wrote: »
    This sounds like last season,this talk is banned.Jose is not about should win,Jose is about will win.

The scousers being done last weekend shows what can happen. I fully expect us to win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Today is the only day I like to see the Hull lose, they copied Kilkenny with their shirt design and associating themselves with cats...
    The cats can be tigers next weekend.

United should win, Zlatan and Pogba have brought a real sense of leadership and the winning mentality back to United, and Bailly so far has been most impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

United will batter the bollox off Hull. It's the big teams that will catch utd. Zatlan loves these types of games and will score one at least.

Ha forgot about Pogba there for a while.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    United will batter the bollox off Hull. It's the big teams that will catch utd. Zatlan loves these types of games and will score one at least.

Very early days to say the big teams will catch united
    Mourihnio loves the big games and has historically gotten good results
    Love to know who these "big teams" are anyway

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Not having a go at utd. I just think they will beat the poorer teams with zatlan up front. City arsenal Chelsea liverpool are going to be tough games. Well liverpool at anfield be. I was acually complementing utd, you don't have to look for negatives in everything I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He's setting up for a flat track bully argument for both United and Ibrahimovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    Not having a go at utd. I just think they will beat the poorer teams with zatlan up front. City arsenal Chelsea liverpool are going to be tough games. Well liverpool at anfield be. I was acually complementing utd, you don't have to look for negatives in everything I say

Did United not have the best record against the top 5 or 6 teams last season?

Did United not have the best record against the top 5 or 6 teams last season?

Did they. That was a different manager though. Even when I'm complementing utd you take it as a negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,591 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I predict that at least one of these teams will lose their 100% record today

Scrap the cap!

He's setting up for a flat track bully argument for both United and Ibrahimovic

No I think zatlan will be the transfer that wins utd the league as he will win games where other top teams will falter.

• niallo27 wrote: »

I never said you were having a go, I just don't agree that they will struggle against the big teams. And I made a point about Jose historically doing well against big teams with any team he has managed

I predict that at least one of these teams will lose their 100% record today

Easy there nostrodamus

I never said you were having a go, I just don't agree that they will struggle against the big teams. And I made a point about Jose historically doing well against big teams with any team he has managed

Struggle may the wrong word. I think if utd don't win the league it will be because of the record against the top teams

I think if utd don't win the league it will be because of the record against the top teams

Based on what?

Scrap the cap!

Based on what?

Based on my opinion of the fact the have zatlan up front who will score in games like today.

What's today's game got to do with what you said about United struggling against the big teams? What makes you think that?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Based on my opinion of the fact the have zatlan up front who will score in games like today.

That doesn't make any sense, don't be moaning when you get asked to back up your opinion.

Why will United struggle against the big teams? It's a pretty standard question.

RasTa wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense, don't be moaning when you get asked to back up your opinion.

Why will United struggle against the big teams? It's a pretty standard question.

I said struggle was the wrong word in one of my last posts. My main point is that I think if utd don't win the league it will be because of their record against the top teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

zerks wrote: »

Hull possible XI…

Jakupovic; Elmohamady; Livermore; Davies; Robertson; Huddlestone; Clucas; Meyler; Snodgrass; Hernandez; Diomande

Manchester United possible XI…

De Gea; Valencia; Bailly; Blind; Shaw; Fellaini; Pogba; Martial; Rooney; Mkhitaryan; Ibrahimovic

Hulls XI is way longer than Uniteds therefore Hull win.

Hulls XI is way longer than Uniteds therefore Hull win.

Logical

This is the type of game we drew or lost last season so still anxious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gone with 3-0 United with Zlatan to score anytime myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

RasTa wrote: »
    This is the type of game we drew or lost last season so still anxious.

There is nothing to compare this season to last,different players,different manager different mindset and so far different results. Should be comfortable today (hopefully!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I think United will struggle against the big teams because Zlatan will score loads against the smaller teams. Sound logic.

I think United will struggle against the big teams because Zlatan will score loads against the smaller teams. Sound logic.

Is that what you got from my posts. Jaysus. What would you be like if i said i didnt think utd will win the league.

• Advertisement

Is that what you got from my posts. Jaysus. What would you be like if i said i didnt think utd will win the league.

You were asked what you were basing United struggling against the big teams on and you said Zlatan will score in games like today.
    I don't take anything you say seriously, just thought it was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Same team for United..

You were asked what you were basing United struggling against the big teams on and you said Zlatan will score in games like today.
    I don't take anything you say seriously, just thought it was funny.

Have a read back son, you might change your mind. Did you get some kind of fan back from Old trafford where your told everyone hates Utd fans.

Have a read back son, you might change your mind. Did you get some kind of fan back from Old trafford where your told everyone hates Utd fans.

You're not making much sense today niallo.

Yeah he is drunk.

Anyway, some bench

Cq4EalVXEAI-z6N.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can anyone suggest a good way to watch this match at home if you're stuck with Virgin? I don't want to use a stream, is it possible to buy a legitimate BT Sports subscription online somehow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Zlatan :pac: ****in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Unbelievable Owen eh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Wooo....close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lol at the United fans there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Refs positioning is awful

• Advertisement

Dare I say Rooney giving away the ball way too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PHB wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good way to watch this match at home if you're stuck with Virgin? I don't want to use a stream, is it possible to buy a legitimate BT Sports subscription online somehow?

If you know somebody with eir you can register a device using their account (or get Sky)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Rooney is so ****ing infuriating

Hull are playing so deep. Madness with someone like zatlan in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Fellaini looking for trouble early on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Feldog a good bet for a red now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Clucas is a tidy little player.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Snodgrass, that looks sore and the post won that battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well in Luke, great to see

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Feldog a good bet for a red now...

Youd want to check his record of reds after getting early yellows, jose will prob whip him around 60 mins aswell so you wouldnt even get 90 mins on ur bet, not sure what your odds but unless they are big bad bet for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement