Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart pump - Athlone road

Options
  • 27-08-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi,

I've used this service station twice over the past few weeks and each time there was an unauthorised €1 transaction taken from my account. Has this happened to anyone else? I can't find any direct contact details for the owners/lease holders but the unit appears to be part of a chain of service stations under the Silverstream Service Station Limited.
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Business/Smart-Pump-561265

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You'll probably find the €1 is only a preauthorisation, check in a few days and you should see the charge appears to vanish or is refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

i use the one on the N4.. the one euro is just a auto transaction so when u put in your card it checks to see if its activated.. then the amount of fuel you fill will be taking away from the account 3 to 5 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks for posting deckycoop, you reminded me I needed to thank Graham (and you!) as that is indeed what happened.

Advertisement