Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think my parents have been done by a Toyota dealer

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

I feel I've been done by the op 11 pages reading and no update.

FFS lads its a tow bar were in Ireland of course its important!!
    If the op is in the west then its a possible crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Maybe the towbar was an euphemism for something else :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Do you think he bought in the only place he priced?

Don't see the relevance to be honest, it just means that particular dealer was more competitive than the others. Accessories cost dealers money too and they don't tend to just give them away for free even though sometimes it appears like that is what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

bazz26 wrote: »
    Don't see the relevance to be honest, it just means that particular dealer was more competitive than the others. Accessories cost dealers money too and they don't tend to just give them away for free even though sometimes it appears like that is what they are doing.

Sound, we wont fall out over it.
    Would you give 800 extra to have one fitted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Sound, we wont fall out over it.
    Would you give 800 extra to have one fitted?

Certainly not, that's a bit too rich for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

bazz26 wrote: »
    Certainly not, that's a bit too rich for my liking.

That's because the actual cost is far less, hence a dealer not wanting to lose a sale over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

OP that is the price of a new genuine towbar and wiring etc. Why don't you find out if the genuine parts were fitted before saying that you " Think my parents have been done by a Toyota dealer".

If you find out they were not genuine parts then by all means come on here with a thread title like " Think my parents have been done by a Toyota dealer".

Until then I'd leave it to be honest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

This should be on a Toyota tow bar by the way

BvG0wM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

This should be on a Toyota tow bar by the way

BvG0wM.jpg

From my understanding of the OP thats exactly what IS NOT anywhere on the towbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Lol at the bottom of the plate, made by brink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

OP may have found said plate, hence the lack of input since about page 6* or he has gone all guns blazing to dealer and been arrested :pac::pac:

* that's a guess, I ain't reading all pages to find out when lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dealer must've copped who it was about and taken action. RIP OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dealer must've copped who it was about and taken action. RIP OP.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

corglass wrote: »
    RIP

R.I.P. to this thread, please.....

RIP

OP we can't have closure unless we have a body to bury so wtf was the result.

tippman1 wrote: »
    R.I.P. to this thread, please.....

Lol.

... It's almost as crap as IS250 SEL

But im sure there are good toyota dealers out there. ..........

Des Hughes Motors in Portlaoise :)
    Used their service dept unexpectedly a year or so ago and was really really impressed with them. No messing, no overcharging, really transparent costs etc and great friendly way about them.

I'll probably never have need to go there again but I did make a note to myself to have a look at their stock next time I'm changing car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Augeo wrote: »
    Des Hughes Motors in Portlaoise :)
    Used their service dept unexpectedly a year or so ago and was really really impressed with them. No messing, no overcharging, really transparent costs etc and great friendly way about them.

I'll probably never have need to go there again but I did make a note to myself to have a look at their stock next time I'm changing car.

Ah they could well be a fine bunch of lads down there alright hey! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Can we take it that with no final reply from the OP that his parents were'nt done by the friendly local Toyota dealer?? Or did he get locked in the boot of a rusty corolla out the back of the workshop?? LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Can we take it that with no final reply from the OP that his parents were'nt done by the friendly local Toyota dealer?? Or did he get locked in the boot of a rusty corolla out the back of the workshop?? LOL

I'd say they towed him down the road by his ankles on the genuine towbar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sorry lads for leaving you in the dark!

Dealer was really unhelpful and unfriendly. Eventually settled that it was a genuine towbar but the port wasnt. Replaced it with oem version. In fairness, the oem one is a hundred times tidier than the one that was originally on it.

They were going to offer a boot organiser for the hassle but they didnt have any in stock.

Shower of c****. Anyone looking at toyota dealers please pm me for the name so you can avoid these scam artists!

OP, How many hours do you think you and your parents spent resolving this travesty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Does the tow bar have any rust on it yet?

OP, How many hours do you think you and your parents spent resolving this travesty?

Conservative estimate between contacting Toyota Ireland and the dealer, then travelling to get it resolved maybe 30 hours or so

I'm going to sleep easier tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Have you considered contacting any of the motoring journalists? They may be interested in running a story on this saga, you could get paid for your side of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sorry lads for leaving you in the dark!

Dealer was really unhelpful and unfriendly. Eventually settled that it was a genuine towbar but the port wasnt. Replaced it with oem version. In fairness, the oem one is a hundred times tidier than the one that was originally on it.

They were going to offer a boot organiser for the hassle but they didnt have any in stock.

Shower of c****. Anyone looking at toyota dealers please pm me for the name so you can avoid these scam artists!

While I feel the whole situation could have been handled better by the dealer, at the end of the day they put everything right did they not?
    Don't think I'd go to so far as to say they were unhelpful or a shower or *****.
    It's settled so I'd leave it at that instead of asking people to pm you so you can say who they were.
    Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Odelay wrote: »
    Have you considered contacting any of the motoring journalists? They may be interested in running a story on this saga, you could get paid for your side of the story.

"Toyota dealer fits wrong towbar socket"

can't wait for the filum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Isambard wrote: »
    "Toyota dealer fits wrong towbar socket"

can't wait for the filum

Or "Toyota Rip Off! Dealer charges for OEM parts and fits cheaper spurious parts! Buyer spends 30 hours of his time before getting what he originally paid for"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Fair play to ya OP! Sticking to your guns. The reason businesses take short cuts is because most Irish people don't be bothered to fight their case and just accept the substandard work/services they've paid for.

bear1 wrote: »
    While I feel the whole situation could have been handled better by the dealer, at the end of the day they put everything right did they not?
    Don't think I'd go to so far as to say they were unhelpful or a shower or *****.
    It's settled so I'd leave it at that instead of asking people to pm you so you can say who they were.
    Just my 2 cents.

They were a shower of C****. really really ignorant on the phone; if it was your aul pair, take my word for it youd have been fuming

Anyone wants the name pm me!

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry but I get really pissed off by this attitude that its OK provided the dealer or seller of whatever gets it sorted out in the end.

Name and shame, life is far to short to deal the dealers and sellers who want to pull a fast one but think there is no foul if they eventually put it right when customers complain.

It should have been right in the first place!

They were a shower of C****. really really ignorant on the phone; if it was your aul pair, take my word for it youd have been fuming

Grand, without knowing exactly the way they treated you then I'd probably be annoyed as well if I was given the run around.
    Just saying that it's sorted now so I'd just leave them be.

my3cents wrote: »
    Sorry but I get really pissed off by this attitude that its OK provided the dealer or seller of whatever gets it sorted out in the end.

Name and shame, life is far to short to deal the dealers and sellers who want to pull a fast one but think there is no foul if they eventually put it right when customers complain.

It should have been right in the first place!

This isn't my attitude at all so don't jump to conclusions that I'd be fine with it.
    I've had quite a few people try and pull a fast on me and I've never back down until it's been rectified.
    It should have been put right straight away but it wasn't and took a few months.
    It's settled now though so I'd just let it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Can I ask what part of the country this was?
    I'd say Toyota dealers are making a killing on older customers (their main buyers) on stuff like this and trades in etc
    All those poverty spec Toyotas you see on the road would make you wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Massive generalisation there without much to back it up. I've sold Toyota and elderly customers would only be a small proportion of new car buyers. They're not fools either, they won't just deal at whatever price you give them. There's a huge number of dealers in the country all trying to get the same business. Granted there the few that would have bought cars from the same salesperson for 30 years but they wouldn't be repsenentative of the typical buyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

You sir are certainly joking. They were indirectly stealing, by pushing aftermarket parts with OEM prices, and when asked about it, they lied.

Sorry, but it is nowhere OK....

grogi wrote: »
    You sir are certainly joking. They were indirectly stealing, by pushing aftermarket parts with OEM prices, and when asked about it, they lied.

Sorry, but it is nowhere OK....

Read my response to the posters who questioned it.
    And chill out, I never said it was ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Time to close this thread, it has been exhausted.

road_high wrote: »
    Can I ask what part of the country this was?
    I'd say Toyota dealers are making a killing on older customers (their main buyers) on stuff like this and trades in etc
    All those poverty spec Toyotas you see on the road would make you wonder.

The average Irish motorist isn't exactly known for wanting as many toys as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

The average Irish motorist isn't exactly known for wanting as many toys as possible.

But the OP's parents only just wanted One More Toy....

Advertisement