Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi new car lead time

• 27-08-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I ordered a new Audi back in June. I was told the absolute max waiting time for the car would be 12 weeks but that it's usually quicker. So I was looking at mid Sept at the latest.
    I contacted the garage last week for an update - the guy said he was not able to see on the system when the car was due so I was told they would find out and ring me back. No call back. Rang again this week and told the same thing. Strange, why can't anyone find out when the car is due as it seems to be as easy as 'checking the system'. Rang again and I was finally told that the car is due to be manufactured week 37 (12 Sept). And then it'll be another 5 weeks to when it'll be ready for pick up (all things going well I suspect!) So that is hitting end of October - far beyond the 12 week lead time I was promised. 17 weeks at the very least. And like I said things going well.
    This seems really unfair?
    What are people's thoughts on this or has anyone else been in this position?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ClareBear1 wrote: »
    I ordered a new Audi back in June. I was told the absolute max waiting time for the car would be 12 weeks but that it's usually quicker. So I was looking at mid Sept at the latest.
    I contacted the garage last week for an update - the guy said he was not able to see on the system when the car was due so I was told they would find out and ring me back. No call back. Rang again this week and told the same thing. Strange, why can't anyone find out when the car is due as it seems to be as easy as 'checking the system'. Rang again and I was finally told that the car is due to be manufactured week 37 (12 Sept). And then it'll be another 5 weeks to when it'll be ready for pick up (all things going well I suspect!) So that is hitting end of October - far beyond the 12 week lead time I was promised. 17 weeks at the very least. And like I said things going well.
    This seems really unfair?
    What are people's thoughts on this or has anyone else been in this position?

If it was mine, I'd tell them to just have it at the front door for January 1 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Me too. October is getting late in the year to be registering a car imo.
    12 weeks would be a typical lead time for a factory order but yours might be delayed for any number of reasons such as...
    - parts shortage - have you ordered an unusual spec or a recently launched model? New A4?
    Or...
    - dealer cocked up and didn't put it in the system until you enquired about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ClareBear1

A1 basic model except for metallic paint. I thought a 12 week wait was bad enough but now a 17 week wait is just ridiculous. I've deposit paid so not sure where I stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭xl500

A1 basic model except for metallic paint. I thought a 12 week wait was bad enough but now a 17 week wait is just ridiculous. I've deposit paid so not sure where I stand

Well I had a Nissan Ordered in January and the Delivery Time kept going out SO I eventually Cancelled The order and They issued a refund

If it was me I would cancel no way would I put up with that if they act the maggot on the refund name and shame here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Would the row VW had with part suppliers have anything to do with it i wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Worth waiting for that A1. They really are the best looking small car, I think.

@Xl500 what did you do after getting the refund? Did you go to another dealer and wait again? That's what I'd have to do. Very few of them on the floor to drive away in that's why I had to order in the first place.

I know it's worth the wait but it's a long bloody wait :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭xl500

@Xl500 what did you do after getting the refund? Did you go to another dealer and wait again? That's what I'd have to do. Very few of them on the floor to drive away in that's why I had to order in the first place.

I know it's worth the wait but it's a long bloody wait :-(

Well I know you have to wait but I really think Car dealers in Ireland treat their Customers very poorly I very rarely have a good experience

SO What I did was I brought in a nearly new from Uk And got great service

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hammer15

Any update on this? I'm in a very similar position. Delays after delays.

Hammer15 wrote: »
    Any update on this? I'm in a very similar position. Delays after delays.

As it happens my car SHOULD have arrived in Dublin port today. FINALLY! Such a saga.
    Are you dealing with Audi also? How many weeks past expected delivery date are you? Check your contract you can break it if it goes so many weeks past the ETA.

Have you kicked up a fuss with dealer? I emailed and rang and vented my disappointment. Eventually they were apologetic but just kept saying the situation was 'out of their control'. I was told the reason mine is delayed is because Audi Germany changed the date of manufacture without informing Ireland. As suggested by another poster here (and many other family/friends/colleagues) I asked them since this is the case would they keep the car and I could register it in Jan - after awhile they did agreed to this BUT due to changes with PCP in Jan it would cost an additional 1,800. Are they for real! I don't believe a word of it. Again the PCP figures are 'out of their control'. They were just not willing to compromise.

So after that attempt failed I am now HOPEFULLY picking up my car on Saturday. They have told me they will throw in a lifetime shine on car and a call out scratch repair service (sorry I've no idea what the correct terms are for these, I'll have to look them up properly) so yeah it's better than nothing and nice things to have for new car but the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. So my advice is to keep hassling them and let them know via email that you are genuinely aggrieved and disappointed with the Audi experience. This can be done in a nice way.

I don't want to be bashing the dealer here but I think other people need to know about this before buying cars. The problem isn't just solely the dealer, it's Audi Germany however the dealers should not be not be telling customers unrealistic lead times. You just end up with disgruntled customers.
    So I hope Audi get feedback that their customers are pissed.
    Advice to other buyers is to order 6 months in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

Anyone ever try writing to VW Group Ireland management?
    They don't own any of the dealers in Ireland (unlike many jurisdictions) but the brand suffers through rubbish like this. They may not know.

Offices are just out at Liffey Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

From speaking to them before about a new car that I was far from happy with, believe me, they are worse that any dealer in terms of customer service.
    I do believe that the pcp interest rates change and January buyers are unlikely to get zero percent rates etc and alot of it is out of dealers hands but in the case of delays, if they wouldn't keep original deal, I'd be walking away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I ordered a car the end of June and was told 8-10 weeks. 3 weeks later i got a call saying the colour i ordered was discontinued and had to change to a different one which i did. I thought that it would have speeding up the process but the car only arrived to the dealership on Saturday. I know that's not a massive delay but the dealer was very poor on communicating skills. My car was also coming from Germany so maybe something is going on over there. I've no idea though.

Car has arrived. Yahoooo. 15 weeks.
    Grahamer666 we ordered at same time so yes probably back log of orders.
    ofcork mentioned issues with part suppliers perhaps that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

What's the story on this? 15 weeks is a long time to be worrying that someone will rear end you in your current car. If it was me, I'd be taking the opportunity to get some extra long trips in. Kerry and Donegal every second weekend.

Advertisement