Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Phone number on account

Options
  • 27-08-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I called into the Bray branch on 18/08/2016 to change the phone number associated with my address.  I have moved to the UK and no longer have my old SIM card.  I was told that this had been completed and would be updated on my account within 24 hours.  As of today my old phone number is still associated with my account.

I now can't update my address and as I am due to receive a new Visa Debit card I am concerned that the card and PIN will now be sent to my old address.  Could you advise why the phone number was not updated as I was told it would be in branch.  Please note I was also never asked for ID when asking to change an important piece of information on my account, only for my account number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

I called into the Bray branch on 18/08/2016 to change the phone number associated with my address.  I have moved to the UK and no longer have my old SIM card.  I was told that this had been completed and would be updated on my account within 24 hours.  As of today my old phone number is still associated with my account.

I now can't update my address and as I am due to receive a new Visa Debit card I am concerned that the card and PIN will now be sent to my old address.  Could you advise why the phone number was not updated as I was told it would be in branch.  Please note I was also never asked for ID when asking to change an important piece of information on my account, only for my account number.
    Good Morning UnawareCaeser, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. It would sound like when you went to your branch, they updated your telephone number for correspondence which they can do in branch. The procedure to update your phone number for receiving activation codes is to log on to your online account and select Manage Accounts and then Amend my Mobile Number"

As this procedure involves a code going out to you in the post, you will need to amend your address first and to do this from outside Ireland you will need to fill out this change of address form. Return this and when this has been completed you can complete the above steps to amend your mobile number. 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here, and please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Evie 

Advertisement