Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with registration

Options
  • 27-08-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So this is one of those problems where I need to find something out that's so obvious to everybody else that nobody bothered to write it down for idiots like me.

I'm a computer science student who just finished his first year. I had to take some of the repeat exams and was so preoccupied with them I didn't have time for anything else. Well, I finally got the results back 2 days ago and I passed. Now it's time for second year.

What I'm wondering is, what exactly is the process of entering a second year? Do you have to tell UCC that you are registering for it or do they just assume it? If you do have to notify them, how? Can anyone give me a hand here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

So this is one of those problems where I need to find something out that's so obvious to everybody else that nobody bothered to write it down for idiots like me.

I'm a computer science student who just finished his first year. I had to take some of the repeat exams and was so preoccupied with them I didn't have time for anything else. Well, I finally got the results back 2 days ago and I passed. Now it's time for second year.

What I'm wondering is, what exactly is the process of entering a second year? Do you have to tell UCC that you are registering for it or do they just assume it? If you do have to notify them, how? Can anyone give me a hand here?

You should get an email from the Exams & Records office about registering for 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I got no email but registered myself anyway(No repeats luckily). Sometimes folks who sit the repeats don't get emails due to them getting their results late on.

Log on to ucc sit and see if you can register via your student admin account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I got no email but registered myself anyway(No repeats luckily). Sometimes folks who sit the repeats don't get emails due to them getting their results late on.

Log on to ucc sit and see if you can register via your student admin account.

Emails to students who sat repeats always go out later than to those who didn't have repeat exams.

Also, not all emails have gone out yet - eg 2nd year Arts will get an email in the next few days.

Advertisement