Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CFO$ appreciation thread

• 27-08-2016 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

My week has consisted of me walking around like a complete boss thinking I'm the mutt's nuts for no other reason than the headphones stuck in my ears were pumping out "GLORIOUS
    DOMINATION".

To be honest I'd say a large chunk of my iTunes most played a probably new WWE themes.

It is something that has been no secret in the Pro Wrestling world that a fitting, catchy and interesting theme can make or break a superstar. NXT being a prime example. Everybody in NXT has had a cracking theme tune IMO.

Jim Johnston has the upmost respect from all he has produced and now, CFO$ have proven they're a worthy replacement.

Looking at the below list, all killer no filler.

- Finn Bálor
    - Paige
    - Dean Ambrose
    - Seth Rollins
    - Sami Zayn
    - Kevin Owens
    - Adam Rose
    - Jack Swagger
    - Sasha Banks
    - Curtis Axel
    - Bad News Barrett
    - The Ascension
    - Brie Bella
    - Tyson Kidd
    - Rusev
    - Baron Corbin
    - Cesaro
    - Charlotte
    - Hideo Itami
    - Bayley
    - Summer Rae
    - Enzo Amore
    - Tyler Breeze
    - Titus O'Neil
    - Lucha Dragons
    - Becky Lynch
    - Bo Dallas
    - Justin Gabriel
    - Cameron
    - Carmella
    - Alexa Bliss
    - The Vaudevillains
    - Lana
    - Mojo Rawley
    - Sylvester Lafort
    - Rosa Mendes
    - Eva Marie
    - Themes for Raw, SD, Main Event, Total Divas, WWE Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I will agree that there are many hits, ones that are well suited and stick with you the rest of the day after hearing, like Paiges theme, Balors, theme and Bobby Roodes Glorious. Barrets theme. But Id say while half the themes mentioned above are awesome, the other half is absolute pony.

But wrestling themes by in large are hit and miss. For every good, well suited track, theres a bunch of awful tunes. I think theres plenty of generic themes in your list that could be so much better and plenty of songs that just don’t suit and even some thats just tribe and would come no where near my ipod. .

Ambroses theme is just grating and reminds me more of Thurman Sparky Plugg. Cesaros is just noise and sound effects. Sasha Banks theme has some great notes but its very repetitive. Brie Bella??? Really, yikes. Tirtus O’Neal is just so bland and uninspiring (Like Titus). Lucha Dragons? Its so stereo-typically generic of what WWE thinks of what a Mexican superstar should be. Carmellas theme is just down right awful. As is the Vaudevillians William Regals theme copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MidnightChimes

It's such a specific style of music as well. If you said to people "Wrestling Entrance Music" they'd have a good idea of what you mean, and it's not quite just metal/hard rock.

There's a few duds in there, but for hitting the high points like Balor and Nakamura's themes they absolutely deserve the praise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No Nakamura? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

They're pretty damn good at what they do but I think the increase in quality of themes is more to do with these NXT themes slipping through the cracks without Vince and Kevin Dunn noticing more than anything else. There's no way Kevin Dunn would approve of Sami Zayn's theme when he could have some band signed to Fred Durst's record label doing a song for him instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The only problem that I have with CFO$ is that a lot of there songs loop very quickly. Which is fine considering you will never notice a loop in the song unless someone has a long entrance (quite like Taker) or listen to the full song itself.

But for personal listening, you just wish there was more to the song than 50-60 secs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I take exception to the statement that Brie's entrance was "killer", unless you mean it causes death by auto-tune :pac:

I do find a fair few of their themes catchy as hell though, like Nakamura, Becky, Sami, and KO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CFO$ have been killing it recently. I love the new NXT Takeover Brooklyn II update to Nakamura's theme! Unsurprising as Shinsuke's theme has over 4m views on YT!

Advertisement