Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good old NCT

• 27-08-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

The missus car just past the NCT with a leaking brake master cyclinder. Surely should of been a failure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Yes, if the inspector had noticed it, it would surely have failed. But he didn't, your wife has a new NCT disc and you know there's a problem and you're presumably going to fix it so everyone's a winner!
    Seriously though, nobody's perfect, clearly the guy doing the inspection just didn't see the leak. It's probably a one in a 1000 kind of thing. Better than when there were no inspections at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I prefer the days before there were inspections. Cars going around held together with bailer twine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

hanksy123 wrote: »
    The missus car just past the NCT with a leaking brake master cyclinder. Surely should of been a failure?

Leaking how?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Corbally

It's not a bad leak. It's barely weeping but the fluid has stripped all the paint off the servo below the cyclindee and it has surface rust. To be fair you'd spot it from 15ft away! Inspector must have been in a good mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Should have been a failure yes, but they don't spot everything every time.
    Get the brake cylinder fixed and happy motoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

i'd take it back and complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'd have to emigrate and get a fake passport and plastic surgery to alleviate the mortal shame of being a citizen of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

It's not a bad leak. It's barely weeping but the fluid has stripped all the paint off the servo below the cyclindee and it has surface rust. To be fair you'd spot it from 15ft away! Inspector must have been in a good mood.

Why did you not fix it before the test?

I think I'll have to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

maybe you should get it fixed before you or your wife kill someone

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote: »
    Why did you not fix it before the test?

I forgot all about it. There was a list of things I needed to fix and I got them all done except the master cylinder. I only spotted it last night when I was filling the washer bottle so didn't have time.

I forgot all about it. There was a list of things I needed to fix and I got them all done except the master cylinder. I only spotted it last night when I was filling the washer bottle so didn't have time.

Did you clean around it before you took it for the test?

RustyNut wrote: »
    Did you clean around it before you took it for the test?

Nope, I didn't touch it. I thought it would fail so didn't bother doing anything.

Nope, I didn't touch it. I thought it would fail so didn't bother doing anything.

A bad day for the tester so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The tester had already reached his quota of failures for the day and didn't give a hoot.!!

Advertisement