Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arai RX7 visors

• 27-08-2016 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the design of the Arai RX7 visors has changed over the last 7 or 8 years? From what I can gather it hasn't, but just want to double check!
    I gave up motorbikes about 7 or 8 years ago, and put my gear in storage. I've just gone through all my gear. I dumped the helmet as it was about 5 years out of date, but I have 2 visors (one clear and one tinted) and was wondering if they would fit the most recent RX7s. If so, I might throw them on eBay or Adverts for the price of a few pints. It's either that or they'll be going in the bin!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Not an expert on the Arai's to be honest :) Are they pinlock ready by any chance ? Most visors for these models are either RX-7V / RX-7X these days :)

http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Arai-VAS-V-RX-7V--RX-7X-Helmet-Visor/m-18177.aspx

I woudnt bin them anyway :D never know who might be willing to pay to have their old RX7 visor scratch free again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As far as i know there are only 2 different types of visors that cover all Arai full faces.
    I know the same visor will fit both Chaser V and RX-7 as i have both helmets
    I think Quantum and a few others are different.
    If you look up a few visors on ebay it should give you the model no for whatever helmet you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

The rx 7 gp is a different visor so your visors fit the older helmet approx at least 5 years old...I have one and would give you the price of a few pints for the visors!

Advertisement