Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Smart TV - eir sports

Options
  • 27-08-2016 8:46pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Is it possible to watch eir Sports/BT Sports that come free with a bundle on a Samsung Smart TV

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

marno21 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Is it possible to watch eir Sports/BT Sports that come free with a bundle on a Samsung Smart TV

Regards
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]marno21,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch  [/font]
    eir Sport can be viewed on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android and iOS users. eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:
    ·         Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets
    ·         Windows and Mac computers
    ·         iOS version 8 & above will be required
    Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi lads,

Regards
    eir Sport can be viewed on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android and iOS users. eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:
    Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.

-Pamela 
    Sorry to jump on in this thread, but can you tell me how to get the channels in HD as there only seems to be an SD feed on those devices - which is absolutely terrible quality and not much better than any of the thousands of free streams that you would see on the internet!

Maybe I just haven't found the setting to change the picture to HD, or is this an absolute con job by Eir as the quality of the SD streams are a joke!

BandMember wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Regards

-Pamela 
    Sorry to jump on in this thread, but can you tell me how to get the channels in HD as there only seems to be an SD feed on those devices - which is absolutely terrible quality and not much better than any of the thousands of free streams that you would see on the internet!

Maybe I just haven't found the setting to change the picture to HD, or is this an absolute con job by Eir as the quality of the SD streams are a joke!
    No problem BandMember,
    You can add the HD service here https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/
    I'm afraid eir Sport 1 is not available in HD at the minute.

-Pamela 

Hi lads,

Regards

-Pamela 

No problem BandMember,
    You can add the HD service here https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/
    I'm afraid eir Sport 1 is not available in HD at the minute.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your response, but that was not what I asked (and you know it too).

Can you please clarify whether or not the HD channels are available on the platforms listed above, please.

Thank you.

I would still appreciate a reply to my original question on this, please.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Thank you.
    I'm afraid HD is not available on the app  BandMember.

-Pamela 

Thank you.

-Pamela 
    Wow. That is really bad to honest. So, in essence, you're charging customers extra by increasing their bills for these "free" channels (whether they want them or not) and yet the quality of them on the available devices is so bad that they are verging on unwatchable?

Eir do some things, I will admit that, but when they get it wrong, they get it really wrong. On this, they've got it really wrong!

Are there any plans to provide these channels in HD anytime soon or are they just going to be left like this?

Thank you.

-Pamela 
    Wow. That is really bad to honest. So, in essence, you're charging customers extra by increasing their bills for these "free" channels (whether they want them or not) and yet the quality of them on the available devices is so bad that they are verging on unwatchable?

Eir do some things, I will admit that, but when they get it wrong, they get it really wrong. On this, they've got it really wrong!

Are there any plans to provide these channels in HD anytime soon or are they just going to be left like this?
    Still waiting for an update on this.

I've been reading a number of threads on Eir & Eir Sports and it seems like the CS Reps here are either being left in the dark by their own company or don't know what's going on (I suspect it's the former) but the whole thing has been both a botched job and a con job from the start - bit much to be increasing customers bills for channels that they either don't want or cannot watch....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

HD will never be on the eir sport app

Thank you.

-Pamela 

I've been reading a number of threads on Eir & Eir Sports and it seems like the CS Reps here are either being left in the dark by their own company or don't know what's going on (I suspect it's the former) but the whole thing has been both a botched job and a con job from the start - bit much to be increasing customers bills for channels that they either don't want or cannot watch....

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Thank you.

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, I am aware that it is not available in HD in the app - we established that a couple of months ago when you posted that same answer.

What I asked was is there any plan to make HD available on the app? Or even improve the quality of the streams as it's absolutely brutal!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Won't be HD cause they want you to buy the set top box package.
    Doesn't work on chrome because they don't want you using ChromeCast.
    Doesn't work on android tv boxes because again, they want you to buy the set top box.

Advertisement