Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Park Dublin

Options
  • 27-08-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Evening Boardies,

Eaves dropping today, someone was talking about a bike park being built near johnnie foxes, anyone heard about it? or if its even true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

ec18 wrote: »
    Evening Boardies,

Eaves dropping today, someone was talking about a bike park being built near johnnie foxes, anyone heard about it? or if its even true?

Yes, in the old Glencullen golf course and adjoining forest at the back of Three Rock. They've built quite a lot in the last couple of weeks, but that's all I know. Be interested to know their business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Thanks, wonder when it's opening

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Why would there be a demand for parking bikes in Glencullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Its an ECO bike park, just park and ride

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

levitronix wrote: »
    Its an ECO bike park, just park and ride
    Park your car and ride your bike? Or park your bike and ride?

• Advertisement

eco bike parking, park bike have a few in johnny foxes and head home

Refueling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Great CX race there last year. Best fun I've ever had on a golf course.

Some pics here from Facebook

Digging this thread back up !
    Anyone know anything new ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Had a nose around during the week.
    Still a fair bit away from completion. Looks like most of the trails are near completion but the associated works are still ongoing.

There was an email address for enquiries on a site notice.

Glencullentrails@gmail.com

I have not seen any facilities, have never gone down that far. Do you know what they re building ? but i have nipped down a few times some old trails and some new trails on the land all looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I have not seen any facilities, have never gone down that far. Do you know what they re building ? but i have nipped down a few times some old trails and some new trails on the land all looks good

From what I hear the existing golf course facilities will be used for the new bike park, coffee/sandwich bar, bike wash, changing and shower facilities...

I'd also imagine that work would slow down during winter with completion by late summer..

Last I heard it was opening in the Mid to Late Spring but that was just eavesdropping on the uplift truck in bike park ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Thud

There's a gravel new road from red house road to the woods laid down in last few weeks, there were some people on MTB's heading across towards the woods at the weekend when I was passing (actually not sure if it started off the Red House road or from the cul de sac off Ballybrack road)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Its a mountain biking centre . will be usual mix of XC , Enduro , Downhill etc.
    business model will probably be based around uplifts, food , coffee ,washes ,rentals all that usual jazz.

Due to its location its almost certainly going to be free if you earn your turn.

Advertisement