Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downvote option.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

OP has clearly never been on Reddit. Dear God, the level of strategic voting is a cancer over there.

Nah it's even worse than that, the subreddits the voting system works on are precisely not the ones that attract the kind of ****posting the OP wants to get rid of. The voting system makes that even worse. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Barney forever, Wiggum never!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OP has clearly never been on Reddit. Dear God, the level of strategic voting is a cancer over there.

It works well on reddit things for football streams and the likes, makes sure good ones are at the top. Having said that, it is the only reason I would consider using reddit because I don't like the site at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I have seen Reddit. The format is a mes granted,but the lack of nonsense comments is immediately noticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

kneemos wrote: »
    I have seen Reddit. The format is a mes granted,but the lack of nonsense comments is immediately noticable.

But what about the quality comments that you don't see because they've been downvoted by concerted groups of posters with an alternative viewpoint?

• Advertisement

But what about the quality comments that you don't see because they've been downvoted by concerted groups of posters with an alternative viewpoint?

Nothing disappears,it has a sequential option or a best of,both are a bit of a mess but you can read all comments.

Fair enough - I think I've only looked at that site once; I shuddered & left.

As said previously - downvoting/dislike options have been discussed to death in this forum. Just do a quick search to see for yourself. Nothing has been brought up in this thread to sufficiently state the case for introducing now.

Fair enough - I think I've only looked at that site once; I shuddered & left.

As said previously - downvoting/dislike options have been discussed to death in this forum. Just do a quick search to see for yourself. Nothing has been brought up in this thread to sufficiently state the case for introducing now.

Probably too late to matter anyway . It's a shame nothing could be done to halt the slow march to the cliff apart from new sites that nobody wants.

And that is certainly not a convincing argument to introduce the change suggested - we're done here.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement