Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casualty - Charlie's 30yr celebrations!

• 27-08-2016 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching? It's epic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm an emotional wreak. The bbc really put efforts into the crash scenes.
    Ffs why is the poor boy apologising :(

Loved it, great telly, but I hate when the moralising is over done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Only switched over when I saw the thread (Thanks Lisha!)

That looked very powerful. An extended special was a much better way to do a tribute than a live show (which has become the norm in recent years).

I saw Charlie (Derek Thompson?) in an ancient episode on Minder a while back,
    he has hardly changed a bit. Really good Actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I'm raging, my sky box didn't pick up the series link and I've missed it. Does anyone know how I can get it? Is it repeated or is there a web site I can get it on. The BBC real player is blocked on ROI

It was fab Skid, the crash was amazing, even my husband was enthralled.

I think Colm Hayes used to slag off casualty saying that every new person you see will be maimed or dead a third of the way through. I find myself willing them not to leave house or get into the car as you know they are gonners.

Also I noted the very clever nod to the Irish issues re 'repeal the 8th'

• Advertisement

Cerocco wrote: »
    I'm raging, my sky box didn't pick up the series link and I've missed it. Does anyone know how I can get it? Is it repeated or is there a web site I can get it on. The BBC real player is blocked on ROI

I don't know of one sorry. That drives me ad that bbc is geo blocked here. But I'm not buying sky+ yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Lisha wrote: »
    I don't know of one sorry. That drives me ad that bbc is geo blocked here. But I'm not buying sky+ yet.

Hola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I really enjoyed it. I havnt watched Casualty regularly in a few years but I tuned in for the big ep. I cant stand the actor who is Connie's boyfriend though. Is he always so annoying in the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Cerocco wrote: »

It's on Youtube (at the time of writing, not sure how long it will stay up)

Also, I liked the episode name "Too old for this shift" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gazzer wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. I havnt watched Casualty regularly in a few years but I tuned in for the big ep. I cant stand the actor who is Connie's boyfriend though. Is he always so annoying in the show?

I was hoping Jacob would be a shock death

I'm glad Ethan and Connie survived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I thought last night's episode was excellent and I appreciated all the hard work that must have been put into it.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I thought last night's episode was excellent and I appreciated all the hard work that must have been put into it.

I en joyed it but I didn't see the point of the 2 students at all.

Something really annoyed me st the time but I can't remember now...

Oh yes why did Lily agree to selfie at the end???? Made no sense unless she realised the talk girl was belonged to someone important..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

With the single camera shot the students story was used to move all around the Hospital. Funny when I was watching I thought they would have no opening credits as it was all one shot.

I think I thought it was filmed like a Live episode. Some people moaning about a few wobbly camera shots and the odd poor sound. I did notice the odd bit but I really enjoyed it.

No doubt RTE will dump it on some morning at 9.30am in a year or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Thought it was really well done! Have only started watching Casualty properly this summer, and am really enjoying it.

Advertisement