Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroën C4

• 27-08-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'm planning on trading in my 208 in 2017 and I am seriously considering the C4. What are people's thoughts on the C4? Is it a reliable car.

My reasons for favouring the C4 is affordability, fuel economy, comfort and looks. It seems to have everything that I want, (bar a reversing camera), for under €25k.

BTW, I don't have a reverse camera in my 208 and I am very competent when it comes to reversing, as I always reverse into any parking spot I get, but it'sjust that a lot of people are telling me that how great that they are and that I should seriously consider pushing for one. To me, I'm not all that bothered about it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Have you considered a DS4, possibly a Demo will be in budget.
    The DS4 in my opinion is a much nicer car and will hold value more than the C4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi all!

I'm planning on trading in my 208 in 2017 and I am seriously considering the C4. What are people's thoughts on the C4? Is it a reliable car.

My reasons for favouring the C4 is affordability, fuel economy, comfort and looks. It seems to have everything that I want, (bar a reversing camera), for under €25k.

I've said that multiple times - all manufacturers have improved the reliability to the point it would not be something that would bother me when selecting a car. You're getting 5 years of warranty (3+2) from Citroen anyway to cover for any problems...

€25k is a lot of money and will buy you a lot of cars... If you're searching the looks, consider a MiTo and Giulietta for instance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thanks for the replies. I would love a DS4 tbh but unless they seriously cut the price of even a demo, there wouldn't be a chance of me being able to afford it.

I have looked at the Alfa's as well, but by the time I add everything that comes as standard in the C4 , I would be looking at well in excess of 30k. BTW, I am basing that on the configurator on the Irish Alfa Romeo website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Good thing with Citroen dealers is thatif you're prepared to haggle hard they will discount

Here is a 162 demo DS4 already for sale at 25k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-ds4-bluehdi-120-elegance-demo-save-4100/13218113

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Good thing with Citroen dealers is thatif you're prepared to haggle hard they will discount

Here is a 162 demo DS4 already for sale at 25k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-ds4-bluehdi-120-elegance-demo-save-4100/13218113

Definitely worth a shot. Sure if I don't try, I might miss out.

And I have no issue going for a demo as my 208 was a demo as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

What I found with the C4 we had (08 Picasso 7-seater model) was that it was very comfortable, had lots of bells & whistles but started to throw up what can only be described as "electrical gremlins", with Faults showing up on the dashboard, which we never got to the bottom of. The 1.6 HDI engine felt underpowered for our larger model but might be fine if it's the smaller 5-seater.

Advertisement