Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband in D15 area

Options
  • 28-08-2016 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

does anyone have it in their home?
    are you happy with the speed?
    We're a family who's pretty much always online, so very heavy consumption.
    Looking to move from Virgin Media as I think they charge above to what the competition does.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Vodafone are just reselling eir's dsl line. There is no difference in the product between eir, vodafone, sky, or any other DSL provider in terms of speed. IE You need to get your line checked for speed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ibstar wrote: »
    does anyone have it in their home?
    are you happy with the speed?
    We're a family who's pretty much always online, so very heavy consumption.
    Looking to move from Virgin Media as I think they charge above to what the competition does.

Thanks.

The Virgin Media broadband network is so far ahead of their competitors, they can charge a premium as they know that none of their competitors can match it, let alone beat it.

If you are a average houshold internet user, gaming, netflicks etc, you will regret switching from VM as the rest will simply make you want to pull your hair out with their slowness in comparison to VM. I can speak from direct experience as we switched to Sky, which like Vodafine uses Eir's (old Eircom) broadband network and I will be switching back to VM as soon as the Sky contract is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

VM is best for the auld internet. The price you pay however is bit like a deal with the devil. Good, fast broadband, but a customer service that deals directly with the darklord himself. Prepare for incompetence on a scale that surpasses Eir to the gold cup of complete and utter shysters. Trying to organise a technican to visit your home is like organising the D-Day landings, while communicating grievances to them involves the use of ritualistic human sacrifice combined with smoke signals and use of carrier pigeons.

Also, TV horizon box is shockingly bad that it could be used as a North Korean torture device.

Advertisement