Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much work for 5th year?

Options
  • 28-08-2016 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi lads, as the title suggests I'm wondering how much work I'm supposed to do in fifth year. I'm doing French, business, history and economics, everything higher level, and I'm hoping to get into law.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Keaned59 wrote: »
    Hi lads, as the title suggests I'm wondering how much work I'm supposed to do in fifth year. I'm doing French, business, history and economics, everything higher level, and I'm hoping to get into law.

Start off and try and do about 2 hours a night I'd say but make sure to leave some amount of time for learning homework if the written exceeds this. As it gets closer to christmas and summer exams then maybe 3 which is the suggested time by teachers throughout 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Do your homework properly and do a bit of study for class tests and maybe study for a week or two in advance of Christmas and Summer tests and you'll be fine.

Anybody I know who went too crazy with the study in fifth year burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

I got 625 in leaving cert this year (not boasting just pointing that out) and this is how much I studied in fifth year. I studied everynignt for 3 hours- that included my homework and study. I never studied on a Friday evening during fifth year but I always studied for around 4-6 hours on a Saturday and occasionally on a Sunday night for an hour or two before I went to bed. I also studied every morning of fifth year for an hour before school. In leaving cert I maintained studying 3 hours a night Monday to Thursday but also added on 4 hours on a Friday along with at least 6 hours on a Saturday and 3 hours on a Sunday. Closer to the mocks and exams I increased Sunday study to around 6-8 hours. During the leaving cert I studied around 9-3 o clock during Halloween, most of Chirstmas, Easter and the other midterm break. During fifth year I did not study during the holidays but I did do my homework if there was any to do. This structure worked for me but everyone is different!

Advertisement