Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

19 year old to get accepted for finance on a car?

• 28-08-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering would it be difficult for a 19 year old with a full time job to get accepted for finance for a car of about 9,000? I've applied for one last night just wondering how difficult it is, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say if your in a job a year you won't have a problem once your salary is enough to make the payments. Also could be worth trying credit union, all banks and the actual dealers themselves who will have facilities with the banks. Make sure you are comparing like with like and calculate what the final cost of credit will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If the banks and credit unions let you down try the garage you buying from

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mccabe96

I'd say if your in a job a year you won't have a problem once your salary is enough to make the payments. Also could be worth trying credit union, all banks and the actual dealers themselves who will have facilities with the banks. Make sure you are comparing like with like and calculate what the final cost of credit will be.

My salary is about €1300, not a lot. And the weekly payments would be about 60-65.. So fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    My salary is about €1300, not a lot. And the weekly payments would be about 60-65.. So fingers crossed.

Have you figured in the running costs of the car? That alone will at least double your weekly outlay.

Have you figured in the running costs of the car? That alone will at least double your weekly outlay.

Yes, I've worked it all out. And my weekly wages I'll have €240 left so that will be used on diesel etc for the car, €240 after I pay my weekly bills, so it should be no bother to look after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Have you checked insurance? That's where most of the money will go given your age.

Other than that just wait for their decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Yes, I've worked it all out. And my weekly wages I'll have €240 left so that will be used on diesel etc for the car, €240 after I pay my weekly bills, so it should be no bother to look after it.

Can't see you getting it to be honest.

I'm 22 and I got my car last year on finance.
    It cost 8500.
    I was in my job 2 years. Had a salary of 28000 and my credit rating was perfect.
    I tried 3 different finance company's they all said no mainly because of my age and I've neve done finance before.
    I eventually got one with a UK company based here but I had to get my Ma to be a guarenter.
    I hope you have better luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I know that you are getting conflicting advice on who to get the loan from. Credit Union is best. Lower interest rates & very understanding if you fall behind. Banks come next. Last on the list should be a finance company. This is usually what the garage will offer. Finance company charge higher interest rates and more importantly once you draw down the loan you must pay all the interest even if you paid it all off a week later. At least this is the way it was the last time I looked. Either that or they charged you a penalty for paying early. This isn't the case with credit union and most bank loans

wonski wrote: »
    Have you checked insurance? That's where most of the money will go given your age.

Other than that just wait for their decision.

I already have a car and I'm insured, €2500 lol

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I know that you are getting conflicting advice on who to get the loan from. Credit Union is best. Lower interest rates & very understanding if you fall behind. Banks come next. Last on the list should be a finance company. This is usually what the garage will offer. Finance company charge higher interest rates and more importantly once you draw down the loan you must pay all the interest even if you paid it all off a week later. At least this is the way it was the last time I looked. Either that or they charged you a penalty for paying early. This isn't the case with credit union and most bank loans

I already have a loan out with the credit union, that covered the payment and insurance for my first car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I already have a loan out with the credit union, that covered the payment and insurance for my first car.

So you're going to be paying back two loans?

I'd be very surprised if you get approval for second loan given your age, income level and you having a loan already. Also I'm not trying to tell you your business but personally myself I wouldn't have that many loans or that much debt on my shoulders at 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I think you'd be mad spending that much on a car when you earn that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Hi, just wondering would it be difficult for a 19 year old with a full time job to get accepted for finance for a car of about 9,000? I've applied for one last night just wondering how difficult it is, thanks.

Didn't you buy a car only a few months ago? Why the desire for a new one and a second loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Didn't you buy a car only a few months ago? Why the desire for a new one and a second loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes, I can remember the last thread(s)

Advertisement