Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Deli with a great Reuben sandwich

Options
  • 28-08-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a good deli/restaurant in the region that makes a great Reuben sandwich?

I mean something real like this and not the skinny ones.

320px-Katz%27s_Deli_-_Lunch.jpg

Please don't try to recommend Hogs & Heifers, their version is sad.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

147 Deli in town does a mean one if that's not too far

I wouldn't call it "fat" like you have in the picture. In fact I've never seen a new york style reuben like that in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

147 Deli in town does a mean one if that's not too far

I wouldn't call it "fat" like you have in the picture. In fact I've never seen a new york style reuben like that in Ireland.

Thanks, I will have to try it next time I'm in town. I looked at their facebook picture and there is a picture of their version and that looks great.

Well, that was a sad affair:

2but94.jpg

When I placed my order I got told, we don't have any, despite there being a tray of half finished ones right in front of the guy.

Once the order arrived it had very little cheese on it and there was clearly no dressing either.

When I asked about it, I was told, that this is how they are supposed to be, despite the menu clearly stating something else. I got told "we take your feedback into account".

Maybe they just had a bad day, the guy did not seam to have an interest in customer service either.

I might give it another try next week because it's still better than what one get's in other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you tried the pig and heifer in town?

http://www.pigandheifer.ie/gallery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Thats strange about 147 - I've had them there before and they were delish.

+1 for the Pig and Heifer though

Oh and I think I got a nice one in Oxmantown once, if the place is still there!

Thats strange about 147 - I've had them there before and they were delish.

+1 for the Pig and Heifer though

Oh and I think I got a nice one in Oxmantown once, if the place is still there!

I think 147 might have had an off day, I will go back.

Thanks for the Pig and Heifer tip, I'm going to check them out next time I'm in town, the menu looks good.

Oxmantown does still exist according to their webpage, so might consider it if I'm over that direction.

Thanks for all the tips.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Saw this on Facebook this morning and it reminded me of this thread - Hogs & Heifers in Swords do a Reuben burger. I know it's not the real sandwich, but it might just satisfy a craving :)

wjdseu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.. Hogs & Heifers in Swords ...
    See opening post! ;)
    ...Please don't try to recommend Hogs & Heifers, their version is sad.

Advertisement