Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike Finance

Options
  • 28-08-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

It seems like a lot of UK retailers offer finance over 12 or 24 months with 0% interest. However this only seems to be available to uk customers. Does anybody know any uk sites that will allow finance to Republic of Ireland customers or are there any retailers in Ireland offering finance at these rates?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

IF your employer offers the bike-to-work scheme, that would be a far better financial option, and most employers allow you to spread the cost over 12 months.. I'm slightly skeptical of '0%' finance offers - to me, it just means they have built the cost of the finance into the price charged for the product. Try your local credit union or bank for a modest loan if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Some sites offer paypal's 0% interest payment scheme, like CRC & Wiggle, so you might look at that also.

The reason why the 0% finance is only available in the UK from UK sites is that you are actually applying for a credit-loan, and thus have to go through credit checks. Needless to say, that's a bit of an issue for foreign card/account payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I think base2race were offering a finance option

Advertisement