Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Critique my routine?

• 28-08-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice as there seems to be a lot of very knowledgeable people on here.
    I'd like some advice on my workout routine.
    I've been doing this 3 mornings a week for the last month. Overall, I'm looking to lose some fat around my stomach and gain strength. I'm currently at 185lbs, I guess I'd like to get that down a bit, but weight isn't my highest priority.

With regards nutrition, I generally take in around ~1800 calories a day, with my macros set up as 40%Carbs,30%Fat,30%Protein.

So the plan I've been following in the gym, generally using the machines is:

Treadmill - 20 mins
    Chest Press - 3x10reps
    Shoulder Press - 3x10reps
    Quad Curl - 3x10reps
    Leg Press - 3x10reps
    Lat Pulldown - 3x10reps

Lunges w/ weight - 3x10
    Squats w/ weight - 3x10
    Sit up - 3x10
    Russian twist - 3x10
    Plank 3x30secs

So any and all criticism is welcome, on both training and nutrition. Is there anything I could do with regards sets and reps to increase the impact on my muscles? Would 40:30:30 macros require some adjustments?

Appreciate everyone's input.

Advertisement