Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look vs Shimano pedals

Options
  • 28-08-2016 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭

Been done to death i imagine but as I'm having issues with Look keo easy plus pedals, clicking when standing on climbs (defo pedals).

These are new and have replaced ones i assumed were faulty. Is this normal???

Right now I'm about to just switch to Shimano Ultegra 6800 ones, they seem to be a bettet quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

A clicking noise? If its definitely the pedals, it definitely because the pedals are not tight enough or because there's no grease on the treads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

07Lapierre wrote: »
    A clicking noise? If its definitely the pedals, it definitely because the pedals are not tight enough or because there's no grease on the treads.

Sounds like its inside the pedal if ya get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I have Look pedals fitted on 2 of the bikes and have never experienced any clicking noise. A couple have snapped off over the years but otherwise they haven't given any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

dahat wrote: »
    Sounds like its inside the pedal if ya get me.

I get ya! Tighten your pedals..a drop of grease on your cleats will help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I get ya! Tighten your pedals..a drop of grease on your cleats will help too.

Seems like the axle has play in it, will do as suggested n go from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement