Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night saver meter clock 90 minutes slow

Options
  • 28-08-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

I was just in the process of switching to you, when I've noticed for the first time that my clock is 90 minutes slow (because you asked me for a reading). It may have been like this for years, which is rather frustrating when we've made the effort of putting on washers late at night (but now rather than the cheaper rate starting at 11... it's starting at 00:30).

Don't meter readers do any kind of sanity check on the clocks when reading? Of course if the clock was fast I'd be gaining so one hopes it's not a policy of ignore slow but fix fast...

Anyhow can I PM you for getting that resolved now? I'd encourage any other nightsaver people to review their clock.

Ix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ixtlan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to read that the time clock on your meter is not accurate. In order to rectify a fault with a time-clock, an appointment would need to be arranged for an ESB Networks technician to visit the property. ESB Networks maintain the electricity network regardless of suppliers, and they are also responsible for reading the electricitry meter.

If you are not yet a customer of Electric Ireland, you will need to contact your own supplier to see what the process is in regard to sending out an ESB Networks technician. If you are already an Electric Ireland customer, you will need to contact our colleagues in the phone department on 1850 372 372 for an appointment. We are unable to make any appointments here on Boards.ie. We regret any inconvenience caused.

Should you need to contact ESB Networks directly, their contact number is 1850 372 757.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Hi Aoife,

Thanks. I will wait for the account to complete transfer to you and then call

1850 372 372 – 01 8529534   (avoiding locall charges).

I guess I appreciate that some customers do need to arrange a a visit where the meter is inside the house, but in may case it's external and read without any appointment.

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi John,

You are welcome.

We can certainly arrange this once the change of supplier has been completed. You may not need to be present if there is access, but an appointment will still need to be created with ESB Networks.

We do need to make you aware that should you have any concerns relating your previous bills, you would need to make the request for the call from your supplier at the time as we will not be able to make any adjustments if the supply was not with us.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

ixtlan wrote: »
    I was just in the process of switching to you, when I've noticed for the first time that my clock is 90 minutes slow (because you asked me for a reading). It may have been like this for years, which is rather frustrating when we've made the effort of putting on washers late at night (but now rather than the cheaper rate starting at 11... it's starting at 00:30).

Don't meter readers do any kind of sanity check on the clocks when reading? Of course if the clock was fast I'd be gaining so one hopes it's not a policy of ignore slow but fix fast...

Anyhow can I PM you for getting that resolved now? I'd encourage any other nightsaver people to review their clock.

Ix.
    Hi ixtlan

My meter is the same, about 90 mins slow. These meters are fairly crude, compared to modern meters and don't adjust for summer time i.e. the clocks going forward. It will readjust by an hour in October.

Mav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Mav11 wrote: »
    Hi ixtlan

My meter is the same, about 90 mins slow. These meters are fairly crude, compared to modern meters and don't adjust for summer time i.e. the clocks going forward. It will readjust by an hour in October.

Mav
    Sorry, was away there. Yes Mav11 you are right. Clearly that's why on reflection the hours are 00-09 in Summer and 23-08 in Winter. The clock does not need to change. However I'm still going to request a reset as that 30 mins can make a difference if you are setting devices to come on at the time you think the cheap rate is taking effect, and it's actually 30 mins after that time.

Ix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement