Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development at Oranmore.

Options
  • 28-08-2016 6:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on at the front or back (depending how you look at it) of Tesco ?

Seen lots of works going in there the last few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

New location for the Airport?

It is probably going to be overground car parking by the looks of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

wintear wrote: »

Na. I'd say it's a new airport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Fixing "Boom" time building issues, lots of leaks etc.....the whole area is up for sale too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

wintear wrote: »

All joking aside, I've never seen the underground car park full, there are always loads of spaces

All joking aside, I've never seen the underground car park full, there are always loads of spaces

All that you see over ground is the base of the next phases of this development, the tesco building part is only phase 1, all the units empty bar tesco, and health shop.... should have never been built.
    Have you noticed how many empty building in Oranmore village....
    -all the old street houses boarded up,
    -all the upper floors of the Bella baby block (not finished, empty), castle road apartments above shop units- empty.
    -Hotel behind petrol station- empty with boarding over windows, huge under ground car park- never was even opened.
    -Lidl shopping centre, top floor of building never finished, was meant to be apartments.
    Not to mention that stupid roundabout on the main road N18, it was meant be routing traffic safely on to that road...
    I also believe someone wanted to put a hotel off this roundabout too...but got refused planning.

• Advertisement

It looks like they are paving the area.

An open area in front of Tesco maybe?

It looks like they are paving the area.

An open area in front of Tesco maybe?

No...it's repair work, water sealing the whole area. There is a path from tesco to the main St, via the side of the tatched pub.

Would you believe Oranmore village has 5 underground carparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

All that you see over ground is the base of the next phases of this development, the tesco building part is only phase 1, all the units empty bar tesco, and health shop.... should have never been built.
    Have you noticed how many empty building in Oranmore village....
    -all the old street houses boarded up,
    -all the upper floors of the Bella baby block (not finished, empty), castle road apartments above shop units- empty.
    -Hotel behind petrol station- empty with boarding over windows, huge under ground car park- never was even opened.
    -Lidl shopping centre, top floor of building never finished, was meant to be apartments.
    Not to mention that stupid roundabout on the main road N18, it was meant be routing traffic safely on to that road...
    I also believe someone wanted to put a hotel off this roundabout too...but got refused planning.

The Oyster Hotel was granted planning permission last year to extend the ground floor to add on a new bar, restaurant & lobby area. The same applicants have now gone n for a new permission seeking a change of use to a 92 bed nursing home.

The area behind Tesco has had a few applications in the past two years, mainly for changes to the previously approved commercial units to add in a Creche, restaurant, offices etc. They've all either been withdrawn or refused.

The whole area was put up for sale recently for €17.5m. It includes the Tesco & Aldi buildings, the old boarded up houses on the main street & the undeveloped areas to the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I know someone who was fairly high up on the building of the whole tesco site

He left due to the carry on of the whole thing.

The leaks are unbelievable how it ever got signed off i'll never know

• Advertisement
Advertisement